Saturday, March 8, 2008

Two Thumbs Up

We are movie junkies. There...............I admitted it, and I don't feel guilty about it. We do other things besides just watch movies!!! But we really enjoy our movies! So here is a list of some of the movies we have seen in the last couple of weeks and what we thought of them:

*Reign Over Me--very good, just wish they could have left out a few bad words, but a GREAT message. Adam Sandler has gained alot of respect in my book. He was wonderful in this movie...very well-acted, as was the part played by Don Cheadle.

*The Invasion--weird subject (aliens try to take over the world by vomiting on people) but it moves fast enough that it is interesting. The ending was terrible.

*Underdog--good kid-flick. 'Nuf said!

*No Reservations--cute. Catherine Zeta-Jones is so beautiful! Unfortunately, there were certain parts of the movie that I didn't not think were developed very well. Fortunately the little girl saved the movie (as children often do).

*Becoming Jane--one word.......BORING! I didn't even finish it!! I couldn't understand what they were saying because Anne Hathaway used a horrible English accent, and they spoke to fast.

*Spiderwick Chronicles--very good and entertaining. I took the kids to see it one Saturday afternoon at the theater, and they really enjoyed it. There was one part where Jordan got a little scared, but she liked the rest of the movie. Overall, very good. And I have heard the book is even better.

*Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium--wonderful!!!! It was very good! I didn't get to see the first few minutes because I was making lunch, but I thoroughly enjoyed the remainder of the movie. Dustin Hoffman, Natalie Portman and Jason Bateman were great!!!!

Now, here's a list of movies that we want to see. They are either about to come out on video, still in the theater or due out later this year.

*August Rush
*The Chronicles of Narnia, Prince Caspian
*Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
*Fools Gold

Have you seen any of these? What are your favorites/recommendations?????

Also, don't forget to check out the Photo Albums!!(links on the right hand side of the blog)


2 comments:

The M Family said...

ooo!! thanks for reminding me about narnia and harry!!

we like to watch movies but have only seen one since kate was born! it was amazing grace...have you seen it? i really enjoyed it!

and the one before she was born was the most recent harry potter one last july...i like those...

i'm looking for ward

Grandad & DeeDee said...

hey marcy, jordan & jaron,
we really miss you guys - we luv u!. your blog really keeps us connected.
grandad & deedee kept jaden springbreak saturday thru wed. grandad took jaden to see spiderwick cronicles (sp?) and it was a good fairy tale, BUT, gandad did NOT like the big monster!
that nigt in the bathtub, jaden WANTED TO BE the big monster!
right now grandad is in lubbock, thursday & friday to keep claire-bear (she is in my lap) & jaden. deedee is in midland with shea the 2 days.
luv ya grandad & deeedee
XOXOXOXO