In the Lincoln Tunnel, under the Hudson River, on our way to Manhattan for church!
"They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway..." We are making the block to get to Times Square Church. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Broadway!!!!
Times Square Church, New York City
Me and the kids in front of the church (sorry it's not a great pic!)
Chris and Jordan eating a burrito at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Chris comes here regularly with his buddies in the cast. I guess you could say we are in his "hood"!
Jaron holding a chip over his head at Chipotle.
We drove by the New Yorks Times on our way out. This isn't a great picture because we were at a stop light and I had to practically hang out of the window to get a decent picture!
We decided to go to New York City for church today. We keep up with David Wilkerson and his ministry, so we went to Times Square Church, the church he founded back in the 1950s (I think!) as an outreach to prostitutes and drug addicts in NYC. Chris and I had been before back in '99, but we wanted to go again, and take our wonderful little family with us! We all thoroughly enjoyed it!! The worship service was wonderful, and the kids really enjoyed their classes. In fact, after we picked up Jordan she said, "Mommy, I want to go back to that church." It is amazing how many people were there to worship God together. It took a little over an hour to get to the church, and it was well worth the drive. I have to say, I am sure we will go back!!!!
March 2018
4 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment