Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I Left the Best for Last

This is the view of the Master Bedroom when you walk in the door. Our "homage to Texas" bathroom is to the left.
This is the view from the bed. Our armoir hides the TV and Playstation 2.
This is my great-grandmother's sewing machine. It's a Singer and still in working condition, I believe. My grandmother painted the pictures hanging on the wall.
And finally, the dresser, window and nightstand. All functional, but still attractive, don't you think?

Just kidding!!!! Although, I really do like our room. It is cozy! The wicker furniture, the kid's books shelves and toy boxes, and the piano were they only things we brought with us from "far West Texas", as Papa would say!!!! I have always liked this wicker furniture, and I got us a new feux suede comforter to go on the bed. Chris also bought a new mattress set before the kids and I moved here. It is a pillow top with memory foam. It is very comfortable.

Hopefully you have enjoyed the tour of our small, but cozy apartment. We like it very much, and it is definitely easier to keep clean than a house!!!

1 comments:

The M Family said...

very nice! i especially like the sewing machine doubling as a table...how wonderful that it is your great-grandmother's! we have a comforter like yours only it's lighter tan!!! and i love armoirs for hiding things! the one in our living room has all sorts of electronic items in it - even our printer!!! :)

once we get kate's "K-A-T-E" letters in the mail (to hang on her wall) i will post pictures of her room!