Saturday, May 3, 2008

Carla's Diner, Part 2



We've been sick most of the week. YUCK! Chris came home last Wednesday with a fever and a sore throat, Jaron came down with a fever on Sunday then broke out with a rash just around his mouth (an he won't stop pickin' at it), and this Thursday morning I woke up with a sore throat and developed a pretty mean fever throughout the day. The fever only lasted a day for all of us (thank goodness) but this sore throat is a killer. I can't get any relief! I have sucked on just about anything that is possible to suck on, I have drunk water and Sprite until I pretty much stay in the bathroom, I am popping pills like Papa (ha, ha!!), and I have even resorted to using that awful Chloroseptic spray. Now, for those of you who don't know me as well as others, I HATE that spray...I always have and I always will. So that means it must be a pretty bad sore throat for me to be using that nasty stuff. They say it's cherry flavored, but I think dirt would actually make it taste better. And I have a pretty active gag reflex, so you can just imagine me using it. I spray it as fast as I can (probably getting more on my face than in my mouth) and while I am spraying I am gagging and making a face like, well.......................the worst face Carol Burnett has ever made in the history of her performing career. The face doesn't stop after I have sprayed--it stays involuntarily until I get a drink and wash the medicine down my throat!!!!! So after I go through all of that, I realize it was absolutely pointless to even try!! Ya'll, please pray that Jordan doesn't catch this!! I don't know who she gets it from, but she is a drama queen and if she is as uncomfortable as I am, I don't think we will live through this ordeal!

0 comments: