So, I wanted to show you a few new things we have gotten over the last couple of weeks. Nothing huge and exciting, but just some fun stuff. Remember I told you I have had trouble getting inspired to decorate my kitchen? Well, I found these great sunflower clusters at Michael's and knew they would be perfect for the top of the fridge because I already have sunflower stuff in the kitchen and a HUGE sunflower painting in the dining room. The sunflowers on the fridge tie everything together nicely. I got the "Laugh" and "Live" words at Michael's for $1 each! And the recipe box (which I desperately needed) was only 50 cents!!!!!! Then I just used the cookbooks I already have to create some height for one of the sunflower clusters. I love looking at it now, and the laugh and live words create a very positive attitude in this somewhat negative person!!!
When we were in NYC with Grandad and Dee Dee, we sat down in front of Central Park to take a little break. This dude was on the street selling these framed photographs of different things in the city. I loved this one because it has the street sign for Broadway and 5th Avenue which we were about to walk down!
The pictures were 2 for $35. I know, I know. That might have been a rip-off, but it was worth it because I love these pictures. This is the second one with a bunch of famous stuff on it.
And here they are displayed together. This is the wall in the kitchen, but you can also see it from the front door. I told Chris I wanted to be able to look at these pictures alot!!!
And I FINALLY got Chris's Phantom poster framed. I couldn't ever find the size poster frame I needed, and when I took it to Michael's to see how much it would cost for them to frame it, I almost died of a heart attack. They were going to charge me $287!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was not going to fly with little Miss Frugal here! If I can't pay $20 or less for somethin', I don't want it. Anyway, Chris bought this frame on Ebay, I think, for.......guess how much..........you got it!! 20 BUCKS!
And there's our hero's autograph. On an authentic Phantom of the Opera poster. WOW!!!
We have nothing to do with this new creation, but these pictures are too good not to share. This is the tree out by our patio. These blossoms get more and more beautiful everyday. They started out as a pretty green, and now they are a crisp, clean white.
That is pretty enough to frame!!! Hum.........more decorating ideas?
March 2018
3 months ago
3 comments:
you? negative?!?!? i would've never guessed!
i do enjoy the photos you bought! and i think $35 is reasonable for a set of framed pictures!
and those blooms outside your patio are a species of dogwood tree! we have them here in kentucky too and they are by far my favorite spring flowering tree! have you seen any in pink? i love it that their blossoms face the sun! another random piece of info is a legend about dogwoods...they were supposedly used for Jesus' cross and in order for them to never be used for that purpose again, Jesus changed them into shorter trees with windy branches and blossoms that resemble the cross with four petals with rust colored stains on the tips of them to represent the nails...along with someother things that i can't remember at the moment but seems like it could be a fun lesson for your kids!
Fun picts. I had to catch up from your posts from earlier. How do you have time to post so much? Good job! It is TAKS week here so I am barely surviving.
The decorating looks good and I love the Phantom poem. Does Chris know for sure what he will be doing after his contract is up?
Love your new, great-priced finds from Michael's. And I think the autograph from Chris is so awesome!
LOVE THOSE TREES! Too bad we can't have those here in TX!
Post a Comment