Thursday, May 29, 2008

Tales from the Train

When we first moved to Jersey, I thought the train that Chris rode to work everyday was sooooo cool. I couldn't wait to let the kids ride it, and I had visions of riding the train into the city every weekend to "bash" around. Well, it didn't take long to discover that the New Jersey Transit is just that: transit for the masses, and I mean MASSES! The train is very often crowded and noisy, and I try really hard to not worry about the cleanliness of it. I just try to make sure the kids don't touch anything. It also didn't take me long to find out that's an impossibility as well!!!

Anyway, Chris told me a story this morning that was just so hilarious, I had to share it with all of you. He was on the train after the show last night and there were a few kids on the train, too. He said they were up and down, talking to people, teaching people hand clapping games like "Miss Mary Mack", and just being silly kids. So this one little girl who was in the second grade was sitting with a group of women talking to them. She told them she was half Puerto Rican and half Dominican Republic. She obviously noticed the color of the lady's skin, because she kept asking them where they were from. The ladies were being silly and giving this little girl a hard time, and they finally told her they were Indians, as in from the eastern country of India. So this little girl, being an intelligent second grader says, "Where's your feather?"

Enough said!!!!

1 comments:

Tonya said...

LOLROF!!!! In case you don't know what that means...(not being ugly -I just remember you didn't know what BTW meant a while back) LOLROF means Laugh out loud, rolling on floor! Haha.