Saturday, February 2, 2008

AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!

I like New Jersey--I really do. I like living close to the train station and hearing the whistle blow. I like going to the train station because it looks cool! I like riding on the train. I like the fact that the kids ride for free on the weekend. I like being close to New York and Philadelphia and Baltimore and Washington D.C. and other places like that. I like the fact that we don't have alot of fast food joints. (It is easier to stay on a food budget and eat at home.) I like that we live down the street from the library, and it has a good selection of books. I like the mall that is down the street and I like the one that is on Route 1 even better. Jaron and I went window shopping there the other day, and it was a blast. We browsed in Barnes and Noble, the Pottery Barn for Kids, the Gap and stopped to get at Dr. Pepper in the food court that did not have any smelly fast food chains. I like all of the trees and the nature trails that wind through some of the parks in our neighborhood. I like Jordan's school, and I really like her teacher, Mrs. Skillman. The other day Jordan told me that Mrs. Skillman makes a funny face when she is upset with someone. I asked her what it looked like and she showed me. Total Carol Burnett moment!!!! I asked Jordan if Mrs. Skillman ever made that face at her, and thankfully she said no. But she did say Mrs. Skillman called it her "poo-doo" face. Is that just a nicer way of saying "doo-doo"?! I like that fact that Jordan's class is very diverse, but that she hasn't said anything about how they are all different colors. I like that fact that I don't have to pump my own gas, and that when I give the attendant a tip, they actually smile at me and say thank you. I like that fact that we get news stations and radio stations out of New York City. I like our apartment, and being a stay-at-home mom. I like watching episodes of Without a Trace that I recorded on our DVR after the kids have gone to bed. I like to see the Metro card that Chris carries around in his bag for the Subway. Some of these things may sound really stupid and boring, but I just look at it as stopping to smell the roses.

Oh, I almost forgot...there is one thing I don't like about New Jersey...THE DRIVERS!!!! THEY ARE CRAZY!!! AAAGGGHHH!!!

2 comments:

Gage and Molly said...

I am so jealous!!! I am so glad you are enjoying it there.

Ashley said...

Glad you guys are doing so well. I can't imagine what a neat experience this is for you guys!