Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Tour of Our Apartment, Part 3





Be sure and check out A Tour of Our Apartment, Part 2 again. I fixed the font!! Why couldn't anybody read it? I mean, I totally could!! J/K!

Anyway, fasten your seat belts. This next tour is sure to blow your socks off. OK, I am being sarcastic. Actually the hanging picture is one of my favorite things in our apartment. I got it at Pier 1, which is just down the street from where we live (AWESOME!). I love the frames, but they are an odd size. They are 5x5, and I didn't have any pictures to put in it. I also didn't want to go all the way to Walgreen's to enlarge and print some pictures simply because I can be very lazy. So, Jordan is always creating artwork and leaving it strewn all over the apartment, and I got the bright idea to take some of her drawings that she had created on the computer and put them in the frames. It was meant to be because they fit perfectly. They are very abstract and colorful. I absolutely love looking at it!!

The kitchen on the other hand is not my favorite room in our apartment. I have had a hard time getting inspired with decorating it. Most of our stuff is stainless steel which I really like, but it just looks like a plain, old kitchen right now. I do think I am going to continue with the theme of using the kids artwork in frames to decorate it. I went window shopping today with Chris and Jaron and we stopped at a store called Anthropologie. They had all kinds of brightly colored kitchen accessories. I really liked all of it, except that it was really expensive, but I can find stuff along the same lines at other places.

So there you have it! I am adding a picture of the kids, just because they are cute!!

0 comments: