




Only someone who has lived in some part of Tornado Alley would know what I mean when I say that the weather we had here yesterday felt like tornado weather. The sky was overcast all day, it tried to rain off and on, and at times,it was very still. It felt like a twister would drop down any second. I am sure these people here have never seen a twister in real-life. Anyway, it kind of gave us a feeling that spring was in the air. It was so warm that we didn't even need a jacket. It felt really good!!
Anytime the weather is nice, this thought immediately enters my mind: "We should go to the park". So Jaron and I picked up Jordan from school and headed to the park. Other mother's obviously had the same idea. Have you ever noticed how some moms bring everything but the kitchen sink to an outing? Come on, do you really need an ice cooler for the juice boxes? I, on the other hand, never bring anything. So here's what happens when you go to the park unprepared.
As usual Jordan tried to be-friend anyone that would talk to her. I was actually very proud of how polite she was. She didn't stare at the kids until they spoke to her. She said, "Hi, my name is Jordan. What's your name?" Fortunately she became friends with a little girl named Maddi who also goes to Maurice Hawk School. Maddi is in the first grade, and had Jordan's teacher when she was in kindergarten. They played hide-and-seek for a long time and then Maddi decided it was time for a snack. She very sweetly offered to share with Jordan. So, Maddi's mom, who was on the phone at the time, asked Jordan if it was OK with me. I walked over and said of course it was fine, but completely embarrassed that I didn't have anything to offer. Why? Because all I had was my car keys--I told you I don't take anything to the park!
Secondly, Jaron. That's it. That's all I have to say. Jaron. You hear the name and know that he has gotten into something. What, you ask? I was talking to Maddi's mom and keeping an eye on Jaron. He wandered off about 100 yards to a Little League field and was playing in the dugout. I wasn't worried about what he was doing because there was nothing in there. It was completely vacant. Or so I thought. The longer I stood there, the more interested I became in what Jaron could have possibly found to entertain himself. I said there wasn't anything in the dugout, but that was not entirely true. Dirt. There was dirt. This was no ordinary dirt. This dirt had been rained on a few days before. So it was very moist dirt. I walked over to see what Jaron was doing and he had this very moist dirt all over his hands, down his front and he was very obviously in the process of putting it on his face. When I asked him what he was doing, his response was, "I am Sandman". Like, "duh mom". "What did you think I was doing"? What I would have given for even ONE wet wipe. But no, all I had was car keys!!!!
March 2018
3 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment