



Nana and Papa came to visit last week. We went to Philadelphia to pick them up at the airport, and the kids were so cute, as usual. We were waiting in baggage claim, and when Nana and Papa came around the corner, Jordan and Jaron started jumping up and down because they were so excited. It was so sweet!! On Thursday we went to the city and N and P took the kids to FAO Swartz. That is the big toy store that was in the movie "Big". Yes...we saw the huge piano that Tom Hanks played on. It was cool. Jaron picked out a Spiderman toy (imagine that!) and Jordan picked out a baking set. The next day, she and Nana used it to make cookies! The picture of the street is from the second level of the toy store.
After the toy store visit, we were walking down 5th avenue to the subway stop at 53rd street so we could head back to the theater. As I crossed the street, a black car pulled up and a woman got out of the car. I looked her right in the face, and you'll never believe this, but it was someone famous!! It was Kristin Chenowith!!!!!!!!! She was in the original Broadway cast of "Wicked" (a role for which she won an Tony) and now she is in the primetime show "Pushing Daisies". I couldn't believe it!!!!!! Chris saw her too! She is very pretty! She had been shopping because she had shopping bags with her. I wonder how she paid for that stuff? I wonder if famous people have credit cards? Anyway, totally cool!!!!!!!!!
Then on Sunday we went to the Brooklyn Tabernacle. It was awesome! They are famous for their choir. 285 voices! They sounded amazing!!! I wanted to go sing with them. They also had a special guest at that particular service. It was David Wilkerson, founder of Times Square Church and World Challenge. Chris and I like him alot, so that was really neat. Check out both websites...they are really good!
March 2018
3 months ago
2 comments:
The trip into the city was so much fun going to FAO Swartz(sp?) with Jordan and Jaron. They were so cute looking at all there was to see! The trip into the city with Chris driving was really interesting especially going down Canal Street with Chinese New Year's in full swing! Brooklyn Tabernacle is an experience every person should have! It was so incredible! Marcy, you, Chris and Papa would have fit right in with the choir! Of course, I would need to keep the kids! David Wilkerson was an added bonus! What a treat! Thanks!
Love and miss you all!
Nana and Papa
I LOVE Brooklyn Tab! LOVE LOVE LOVE
Oh and I know this is an old post..I've started at the very beginning of your blog and working my way to the present. I don't want to miss anything. *smile*
Post a Comment