Monday, February 18, 2008

My Funny Valentine

Valentine's Day used to be my least favorite holiday. Take a wild guess why...I NEVER had a boyfriend. Now it is one of my favorite holidays because I have a wonderful husband to share it with. He is so much better than I am at getting good gifts. He also writes really sweet, meaningful messages in the cards he gives me. This year he got us the second and third seasons of "The Office". We have already enjoyed watching some of them together. Another reason I like Valentine's is, of course, the kids. They continue to make me laugh! Everyday it's something new, and Valentine's Day is no exception. So here's the top three funny things that happened on Valentine's Day.

#1 Jaron got stickers in the mail from Granny. Guess where they are! Just take a minute to imagine where our little booger put them...........................................They are all over our new love seat. Not only did he put the stickers on it, but when all the stickers were gone he took the left over sticky stuff that outlines the stickers and put it on the couch! So a minute ago when I tried to take them all off, the outline stuff wouldn't come off in one piece. It would tear every time I tried to lift it off. Thanks, Granny!!!!!!!!

#2 Jordan got all kinds of "sparkley" and shiny stuff this year. But the funniest reaction she had was to the bracelet Nana and Papa gave her. It was very pretty and it had two charms hanging off of it. When she took it out and looked at it she said, "Oh wow! It's a bracelet with a heart and.....a.....little naked man!"

#3 Grandad and Dee Dee are really into the greeting cards that play music when you open them. We get one for every occasion, and I think I know why. The kids love them and open them over and over again just to hear them play. None of them have run out of batteries yet! Jaron got his card that has a puppy on it. But this is no ordinary puppy. It is a rapper puppy. Jaron has been walking around all day singing, "Who let the dogs out?!" Of course in his language it is, "Who wet the dogs out!?"

Oh, the endless supply of laughs in a home with children!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

You always had a boyfriend! You have been with Chris forever! :) I know what you mean though.

Happy Valentines Day. The Office is my favorite show of all times. Have fun laughing hysterically!

Miss you and Love you!

Anonymous said...

Spending Valentine's with you all was one of life's finest pleasures! Jordan's reaction to the "cupid" on her bracelet was one of the funniest things I've ever heard! It was priceless! Thanks for sharing with us!
Wish we could have heard Jaron's rendition of "Who wet the dogs out"! And getting to see Piangi(Chris) in "Phantom" was one of the premier events of our lives!
Thanks for a wonderful day!
Much love to you all!
Papa and Nana