Sunday, February 1, 2009

Party Time!



One of the libraries in our county library system held a party for the author of the Max and Ruby books, Rosemary Wells. She has written many, many wonderful, cute and funny books for children. Her Max and Ruby books were the inspiration for a Max and Ruby show on Nick Junior. Little Mr. Jaron LOVES Max and Ruby...mostly Max. And here's why. Jaron thinks he is Max. Max is the pesky brother of Ruby, who is constantly trying to reform his boy-ish behavior. He is silly and funny and creative, just like Jaron!
When I saw that Max would be a guest at the party, I HAD to sign Jaron up to go. I am so glad I did...he had such a wonderful time!! He was so excited! We wish Emily could have gone with us too :)
After meeting Max, we had a little snack. Jaron is really enjoying his Dunkin Donuts powdered sugar munchkins.
And then it was craft time. It's a good thing I took this picture...by the time we got out to the car Jaron had taken everything off of the plate. He wanted to hold just Max!!!
School was cancelled on Wednesday. We made a mini-snowman in our backyard. Jaron is wearing Jordan's pink rain boots because he doesn't have any boots, and I tied plastic bags around their hands since we don't have waterproof gloves........I know you probably think that's really funny, but it worked like a charm!!!!

4 comments:

Alissa said...

How fun! I love Max & Ruby too!!! :)

We actually only lived in that house for about a year and then moved to where we currently live south of Wolfforth in the semi-country on about an acre and we love it! :)

Ashley said...

So cute!

Alissa said...

I didn't think about taking pictures...humm... :) & yep I definitely don't miss being a "yankee" & Pete sure doesn't! :)

The M Family said...

i love the mini snowman!!! and i'm glad to know that there are other moms out there using plastic bags on their hands and feet to fight off the wetness!! :)
also, thanks for the encouragement on the weary post! :)