The weather has been crazy lately. Last week we still had snow on the ground. Yesterday it was in the upper 60s for the high, and today was reminiscent of a West Texas dust storm, minus the dust. It was so stinking windy! Our power even went out for a while. Anyway, Jordan has a nice long weekend ahead of her. She got out of school today at 1:00. I wanted Jaron and her to have fun, so I stole an idea I saw on someone else's blog. (Thanks for the link, Alissa) I squirted a pile of Chris's shaving cream on a cookie sheet and turned the kids loose. I know you are probably thinking I am crazy, but it was really fun! And it cleans up so easily. Our apartment was a wreck anyway, so I thought one more mess wouldn't be that big of a deal.
After all of that, Jordan sat down to practice her piano lesson for the week. Jaron sat by very impatiently, waiting for her to finish so they could play boxing with their new stuffed animals from Grandad and Dee Dee. (Jaron's gorilla has boxing gloves, fyi.)
He is such a funny little guy. He loves my tuning fork, and he has started using it as a metronome when Jordan practices. Here he is making a "chick, chick" sound and ticking it back and forth! What will he come up with next?!
Just in case you were wondering, they both got in trouble after this. Jaron kept touching the keys on the piano, and Jordan screamed at him. After a brief time-out on their beds, they had a little scavenger hunt in their room. We had a fun afternoon!!
March 2018
3 months ago
2 comments:
HA HA! That is funny! They are getting so big! I will have to give you some more fun things to do soon (especially with Jaron-I have 3 & 4yr olds in my class now), like the best recipe for playdough & bubbles that you can bounce!
you're such a great mom!!
Post a Comment