Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Winter Wonderland

We got 5 inches of snow yesterday...Philadelphia got 8! It snowed all day long, seriously. It did not stop until later in the evening. So this morning we woke up to a winter wonderland of snow. It was absolutely gorgeous. The sky was clear blue, and the sun was up, making all of the soft, powdery snow look like glittery sugar. I wanted so bad to just lick the bushes at the bus stop!!! Jordan DID lick the bushes at the bus stop! If we were skiing, it would have been perfect snow. I was so thankful to see such a beautiful sight this morning. It is amazing to me how much snow can pile up on the skinny branches of the trees. I think some of the them had two or three inches of snow. After school, Jordan wanted to play in the snow. I was all for it. We had to pry Jaron away from his beloved toys, but he had fun too. We even made a make-shift sled out of Jaron's Tonka truck and Jordan's princess jump rope. They tried to pull me in the sled, but it didn't work so well. It was great fun, and I am so glad we got to play in the snow today!




By the way, we have a snowball living in our freezer. Chris put it there yesterday to save it!? The kids check on it every few minutes :) And I did buy them some water proof gloves (Chris was mortified that I used plastic bags...I was trying to be thrifty and think "green"). But Jaron still had to use Jordan's pink rain boots. However, he didn't care. He pretended to be Ironman!!!!!

4 comments:

Alissa said...

How fun!!! I will have to ask Pete about some makeshift snow things for you guys to use since he's from the land of glittery sugar. I'll get back to you. :)

Alissa said...

I thought you might enjoy this: http://www.mycharmingkids.net/2009/02/when-weather-outside-is-frightful.html

Alissa said...

P.S. this is the same background I have for my class blog! :)

Alissa said...

Umm...they live in Minnesota or Wisconsin I think. I've been following her blog for a few months now and it always makes me laugh! That where the whole Not Me Monday started!