Jordan heard me talking about taking Jaron to the farm last week while she was at school, so she decided she wanted to go too. Unfortunately, since it is the dead of winter and no living being can stay out in the harsh wind chills for very long, the farm is a little limited on the activities right now. I lucked out finding a read and explore group during the day for Jaron, but there was nothing for the weekends. So I promised her I would find us something fun to do, even if it wasn't the farm. So as you can see from the title of this post, we went to the Princeton Art Museum. We live 5 minutes from the Princeton University campus. That's right, the Ivy League school. The township of Princeton is home to several Nobel Peace Prize winners. It is a really cool little place. The streets around the university are lined with stores, restaurants and coffee shops. It's a very unique place to go. Princeton University was chartered in 1746!!! Before the Declaration of Independence was even signed! It is the fourth-oldest college in the United States. We had fun...the museum was just right for little feet to walk through. Jordan enjoyed the statues and Jaron didn't like any of it because there were no superheros. And that's exactly what he said when I asked him if he had fun! There are no pictures of the artwork, photography was prohibited of course. But we saw works by Monet, Degas, Manet and Picasso. It was very enjoyable, and the best part is that the admission is free to the public! Cha-ching!!!All of the previous pictures were taken on our way back to the car, as our teeth were chattering and we were running to keep warm. So I have no idea what any of these buildings are! They are just really, really old and beautiful!!!!
Here are a couple of pictures of my recent craftiness. I made these pictures for Jaden and Claire to hang in their new bedrooms. I can't wait to see those little boogers and give them a huge hug and kiss!!!!!!!!!
March 2018
4 months ago
3 comments:
What a fun time! When we went to Michigan this summer to visit Pete's family, I told him I wanted to go to Notre Dame (I lived there for a year and we never actually got to go look around) so we did and it was awesome! I love old architecture. :)
The snow/ice didn't last that long, its already melting and warming up. We take what we can get though:) I enjoy keeping up with all the neat places you guys get to visit. I bet you never run out of things to do. If ya'll come down for a visit let us know, I am sure the boys would love to play super heroes with Jaron:)
Jerrid, Bailey, Landon, & Reed
School was delayed here yesterday due to ice but it's all gone now. I was looking forward to the extra hour of sleeping in. :) Just took some more medicine so I can get back to sleep! :)
Post a Comment