Saturday, November 29, 2008

Native American Thanksgiving

Well, we actually had visitors on Thanksgiving day! It was a wonderful surprise, and we thoroughly enjoyed their company.........(hee, hee, hee!) We shared chicken and dressing, green bean casserole, a green salad and coconut cream pie with our guests. It was delectable!! They even helped clean up (I WISH!). This was our little way of celebrating the Thanksgiving holiday.

The kids helped me make this centerpiece a few weeks ago. I saw it in Parent's magazine, and I thought it would be fun to do, and it was! We all wrote what we were thankful for on the turkey's feathers.

Our guests were of the Native American variety, and they set the table with place cards.
And here they are!!!!! Little Squanto was a little grump-o! He did not want to smile for the picture. He also did not want to partake of the lovely feast that was provided. He did, however, eat the top off of his pie. Pocahontas finished it for him :)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving. You are such a creative and good momma!

The M Family said...

you are so creative!!!!! way to be a great mom! ;)

Hill Country Happenings said...

so creative! I love it!!!!