Monday, December 1, 2008

An Extra-Long Weekend

We had a nice long four day weekend to enjoy. Chris was a little under the weather for some of it, but it gave us some good time to just stay at home and chill because today, and this week we have hit the ground running. Here's some of what we did to stay busy:

#1 You saw the pictures of our Native American visitors.

#2 Friday the kids and I tackled the Christmas decorations. I had to take EVERYTHING out of our little-bitty storage closet on the porch. UGH!

#3 We watched one of my most favorite movies while we decorated the apartment, "Little Women". Jaron complained, of course. He felt it was a little too "girly".

#4 We played Go Fish and Snap about a million times. Jaron calls it Gold Fish and reminds me that I am saying it wrong every time I say it. Then Jordan tells him I can say it however I want to say it, then I tell Jordan to mind her own business. Then Jaron sticks out his tongue at Jordan, she screams at him and they both end up in their room, on their beds. After several minutes, a couple of apologies and some sweet little hugs, we are back to playing Gold Fish. Oh, by the way, Jaron added a player yesterday, his stuffed snowman. And he insisted on us addressing him as "Snowman". Nothing else was acceptable!

#5 The kids did some sand art. WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!! It was actually OK. Just a tad messy. They got these sand art sticker sheets at a birthday party and you just peel off the paper and sprinkle sand on the sticky part. They turned out really cute!

#6 We watched Speed Racer on On Demand. Jaron spent much of the the evening running his Speed Racer cars from McDonald's all over the place, including the walls..........

#7 Chris and I watched "Get Smart" after the kids went to bed last night. It was pretty funny.

#8 I did not, I repeat, DID NOT go shopping on Black Friday. You could not have paid me to get out in that maddness, especially since a Walmart employee on Long Island got trampled by impatient customers. No thank you, no sale is worth that!!!

#9 Last but not least, here's a couple of videos of Jordan and Jaron playing school. This was actually today.........






0 comments: