Our first stop at the farm was the horses. This horse is as old as I am!
The grass is greener...
Second stop...the creek.
Isn't it pretty?
Look at that sweet little lamb. I couldn't help but think about the Bible story of the 99 safe sheep and the 1 that was lost.

J and J are pumping water to give to some of the new horses.
This is one of the horses they gave their water to.
The new little piggies!!! This was Jaron's favorite part.
Our second visit to the sheep barn! This time the kids got a little closer and got to pet this sheep. She is the only one that has been sheared (or shorn :).
They got to pet one of the lambs, too.
This is the biggest mortar and pestal I have ever seen!!!



A look at the Delaware River. (It's the best I could get while driving and refereeing the troops in the back seat!)
On our way home we stopped at a pretty road-side flower market. I picked out this plant. Fortunately it does not require a green thumb to take care of it!!
I continue to be amazed by this adventure God has allowed us to be a part of. We are in a completely unfamiliar part of the nation, but we have not been intimidated by it. In fact, we discover more and more exciting things as each week passes. A few weeks ago, I decided that on Saturdays I was not going to do any errands or housework. I was going to plan something fun for the kids and I to do. Since Chris has to be in the city all day on Saturday, this has proven to be a great way to spend part of the weekend even though he is working. Some of the things we have done include going to the park, a trip to the Garden State Discovery Museum, seeing the Spiderwick Chronicles and going to the Bunny Chase at Terhune Orchards. Today we added a visit to the Howell Living History Farm in Lamberville, New Jersey. I noticed on-line that today was their " New Faces" day. This is when visitors can come and see all the new baby animals and any adult animals that have been added to the farm. The farm is only about 25 minutes from where we live. It is almost to the Pennsylvania state line, and as we discovered on our way to McDonald's, part of the Delaware River Valley. We drove through the quaint little town of Lambertville right on the New Jersey side of the Delaware River. It is full of shops, restaurants and inns. Plus you can walk along the Delaware River. Then we came to a beautiful bridge that carried us over the breath-taking Delaware River. When we began driving across the river, and I realized what we were crossing, I could harldy believe it. To just stumble into this beautiful little town and cross the historical Delaware River couldn't have been coincidence. I believe God was taking us on tour of His marvelous creation. It was like He was showing us what he made, like Jordan shows me her paintings. It was absolutely one of the best days of my entire life, and I got to share it and all of it's glory with Jordan and Jaron. The only thing that could have made it any better would have been the company of Chris. Oh, and as we crossed the Delaware, thus crossing the state line, New Hope, Pennsylvania sits just opposite of Lambertville, New Jersey. Yet another spectacular discovery for the day!!!
March 2018
3 months ago
2 comments:
So Sweet and what a great idea. You are such a good momma! I know J & J will be blessed by your choices and your faith!
I love you and miss you!
i agree with ashley!! your kids are so blessed!! what a wonderful way to spend your saturdays! keep us posted on any other new places you all visit!! in a sense, you are giving us a grand tour of the east coast! ;)
Post a Comment