Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I Am Behind

I don't have alot of pictures right now, so I chose to post this video. The other day I walked in and Daddy had the camera out filming an "Eyewitness" video that Jaron wanted to make. This is a series of books and videos at the library that the kids like to get. They have an Eyewitness book for just about any subject you can imagine. Some of the kid's favorites include Whales, Sharks, Music, Dance, Skeleton, Mummies, Egypt.......... Anyway, Jaron made an Eyewitness video about Birds!!



Big apologies to all you grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends!!!! I haven't blogged in a while, and I know this how many of you keep up with us "Yankees".....and I use that term very, very loosely!

We have been busy with the start of school. People keep asking me if it's nice to have some time to myself during the day when the kids are both gone at the same time. Now, don't get me wrong....it is nice, but it is also not as much time as one would think. Jaron is only gone for a few hours in the afternoon, that time goes by very quickly, BUT it is nice. I have been able to spend that time with Chris and some other friends, which I haven't done in a long time. And I try really hard not to spend that time cleaning or doing laundry.

So anyway, here's how all of us are doing:

Chris: he hurt his leg a few weeks ago when he was starting rehearsals for his Carnegie Hall concert......he tore a muscle in his left leg. Ouch!!! And it caused his back to go out, too. So needless to say, he has been in a lot of pain lately. He needs LOTS of prayer for complete and total healing!!!

Me: I spend alot of my day getting children fed and dressed for school. Jordan is first in the morning. After I drop her off at the bus stop at 8:30 Jaron and I have a couple of hours until he has to eat lunch. I start feeding him at 11:15 so he will be done in time to catch the bus at 12:15....he eats like a bird. Then I am back at the bus stop at 3:15 to pick them up. I also went to Back-to-School night for both of them last week. I got to meet their teachers, sit in their desks and see their classrooms. It was fun.....I had been looking forward to it!

Jordan: She likes her class, sits next to a little girl named Feyi. They were in the same class together last year. Her family is from the UK, we all like them alot. Jordan's teacher's name is Mrs. Doby. She has been teaching for 17 years. She is very nice, and seems very organized. So far we like her too. Jordan is still playing the piano......at times it is like pulling teeth, I keep telling her she will be so thankful that she practiced when she is an adult. She auditioned for the Nutcracker Suite. It is being performed by our township dance studio, the West Windsor-Plainsboro Dance Company. They add some cute little numbers for some of the less experienced dancers, so she is in a tap number. I am a bit of a purist, so this kinda bugged me at first, but she is enjoying herself and it is a performance opportunity, so I got over it! And some of the biggest news in her world is that she is riding her bike without training wheels!!!!!!!!!!

Jaron: last but certainly not least! He is thoroughly enjoying kindergarten. In fact, he gets upset on Fridays because he is learning that he doesn't go to school for two days after that!! He loves his school days :) He is so cute when he gets on the bus....it is just kindergarteners and they are all so little! The bus seems so imposing......but he just smiles and waves at me, and I get a little teary-eyed every time. His teacher is Mrs. McGuinness and she has been teaching for 28 years!!! She is adorable.....I would love to be a student in her class. I think we are very fortunate that Jaron is in her class this year. Last week she introduced a new friend to the class.....Kermit the firebellied toad. It's a real toad. It's all I hear about at home. There are pictures of Kermit all over our apartment. We take a bath with a pretend Kermit. We sleep with a pretend Kermit. Kermit eats dinner with us. Kermit is Jaron's best friend, I think!! When I met Mrs. McGuinness last week she said that Jaron spends lots of time at Kermit's tank....there's a shock! Some of Jaron's human friends at school are Max, Bavan, and Nicholas. (At first I thought Nicholas's name was Necklace because that's how Jaron kept saying it.) Jaron is so grown-up now, but he is still such an absolute mess!!!!

1 comments:

Alissa said...

HA HA! So cute! I like that white birds can still be white and still be birds! I forsee LOTS more eyewitness videos coming from your house!