Monday, October 12, 2009

Pumpkin Pickin'

It's that time of year again.......bring on the pumpkins! Last week Jaron and I headed over to our favorite farm, Terhune Orchards, to pick a pumpkin. We had fun, but it was a windy day reminiscent of West Texas winds. We didn't stay long, but we did enjoy ourselves.

Out in the pumpkin patch.......


He didn't want any of the pumpkins that had dirt on them........well.....that was a bit of a problem! But he finally found one and he let me dust it off.

Then we took Mr. Pumpkin on a walk through the corn maze :)

He took this picture specifically for his grandparents.

The guinea hens were there to greet us. I figured they would turn and run as soon as they saw Jaron.....he tormented them the last time we were there!!!

And we cannot leave without an apple cider donut!

Or without sticking our heads through ALL of the cut out things!




Jaron took this one of me.....he did good, huh?!

A couple of days later we took Jordan to Stult's Farm so she could pick her pumpkin. The weather was much more cooperative!!!

She knew exactly what she wanted. She wanted her pumpkin to be bigger than Jaron's. Oh, the joys of a big sister :)


More pictures with the crazy Halloween characters.......


What 2nd grader can resist bunny ears?




What a couple of silly little boogers!!! It was fun, we always enjoy the farm. There is something so soothing and peaceful about it.


And on a final note, Wes has surgery later this week. This is their last hurdle. I know they are nervous and anxious and scared. I want to ask you all one more time to believe in prayer with us that God, our Creator, through Jesus, the Lover of our souls, by the power of the Holy Spirit will take them through this week. The Bible tells us that the beating Jesus took when He was being crucified was for our healing......by His stripes we are healed. I have believed in nothing more than God's healing power through all of this. I don't understand why it has happened, but I do know who I serve and that He is more than able and more than willing to heal Wes's body and the path of destruction that the cancer has tried to leave. Oh, but it has only TRIED, it has not been victorious, Jesus is victorious!!!!!!!! Thank you in advance for your prayers, and thank you, God, in advance for total healing and restoration in the lives of the McNutt family.

1 comments:

Tonya said...

How fun! I don't think there are places like the ones you visited, to get pumpkins, here. :( I loved the pictures!

I'm still praying for Wes and Candace. When you said..."The Bible tells us that the beating Jesus took when He was being crucified was for our healing......by His stripes we are healed." Amen sister!!!!! We just have to claim this and believe it.

Love you guys...praying for Chris too.