09-09-09.................the date of the first day of school here in New Jersey. Jordan's first day as a second grader; Jaron's first day as a kindergartener. I am happy to say, we ALL survived!!!! We started the day out with a tradition that I began last year. I put a candle in their breakfast and I sang "Happy First Day of School". Then they blew out the candle!!! Only there was a slight problem this morning. Jordan was putting on her new shoes, and I had already lit the candle. It took her FOREVER to get her shoes on, and by the time WE were done double knotting and all that, the candle melted down into her English muffin!!!! So I had to toast a new one.....it was silly :)
Yesterday Jordan informed me that she wanted to pick out her first day of school clothes. I said OK because I didn't want to argue about it, but I knew she wouldn't pick anything close to what I was wanting her to wear. I was right. She picked her school shirt and a striped skirt that ABSOLUTELY did not match. I asked her if it bothered her that it didn't match (afraid that maybe someone would make fun of her). She replied, "Nope, I am a mixed/matched girl!" And you know what, she still ended up looking pretty darn cute, don't ya think?
It was like a reunion at the bus stop! We saw Emma and her mom all summer at the pool, but she and Jordan still acted like they hadn't seen each other in months. Emma is in the 1st grade, what cuties!!
I LOVE this picture. You could probably label these three as the Three Musketteers......this is Ameera and Ananya, some of the first friends Jordan made when we moved here. They are so cute, too.....they didn't know which camera to look at! Jordan is looking at mine, Ameera is looking at her mom's, and Ananya is looking at her mom's!!!!!!
And here we all are petting the silly chihuahua that came to the bus stop. This one was nice and calm, it's brother sat under the bench and barked the whole time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All aboard!
Such a big, big girl.
Another problem I had to dissolve was concerning Jaron. He wanted to get on the bus with Jordan in the morning. I had to explain several times that he would go AFTER lunch. I talked him into watching his movie about skeletons from the library. Then we listened to a story and he played on the computer, and I looked at the clock every five seconds wishing it would slow down!!But 12:30 came, and he was READY to go get on that bus. Doesn't he look big and grown-up in this picture?
Here we are, first ones at the stop.
So excited he can hardly stand it!
Then our friends arrived........Muskan and Anant. Anant is our neighbor. He and Jaron have played together in our backyard some. We met Muskan and her mom at the pool this summer. Very, very cute kids!
Jaron and Muskan jabbered the whole time!!!
There it is!! I was secretly hopping it would just turn around and leave.
Jaron was so ready and so excited to get to school that I didn't even get a chance to hug him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After I cried for a little bit, I ran to the store for a while and stopped at Dunkin Donuts with my $3 coupon and got the kids a little after school treat. This time I was watching the clock every five seconds wishing it would hurry up! Thank goodness mom, dad and Chris were texting me for a while. It helped me feel better :)FINALLY the bus arrived in the afternoon, and Jordy and Jaron came off the bus and I got to hug them again! My heart was so proud I thought it would burst!
Who wouldn't be proud of such wonderful children!
I left up the balloons from Jaron's birthday party, we lit another candle and I sang "Happy First Day of School" again.
Yummy donut with sprinkles :)
She's done......... with all the pictures!!!!!!!
I love my babies.....so does their daddy :) We are so tremendously proud of them. They are absolutely precious. And we serve a precious Savior. Thank Him for strength today, and such priceless possessions!
March 2018
3 months ago
3 comments:
Wow! They are so big! I remember when Jordan was born!! AAAHHH!! I'm glad you survived their first day of school! Good luck on Day #2!
Jaron looked SO handsome. His hair all fixed like a big boy. So glad the day went well.
And I think Jordan looked very cute. Loved her shoes! I think it's great she has her own style. :)
You're such a wonderful mom.
I can't get over how big Jaron is!!! He looks like a 3rd grader in that picture!
Post a Comment