Chris and I think this is the most beautiful painting we have ever seen. Let me rephrase that...we KNOW this is the most beautiful painting we have ever seen! This is Jordan's art work that is being displayed at the Arts Festival this month. We attended the Artist's Reception on Thursday night, and it was alot of fun. Art from all of the schools in our school district was displayed. It is amazing how talented so many of these children are. There were some wonderful pieces there. But none can quite compare to a little first grader's interpretation of a fall landscape! During a portion of the presentation, the mayor asked all of the artists who were present to stand so we could give them a round of applause. Let me just say I was fighting back the tears; I was so tremendously proud of Jordan, but what I enjoyed the most was seeing the pride she had in herself. Jordan has always been happiest when she has a pen and paper in her hands. She is covered in marker 99% of the time. She drools over crafts. She calls herself an artist, and she knows who gave her such a wonderful gift. Jordan can create something full of life and color out of a blank piece of paper. What beauty in that statement. Isn't that exactly how she was created? Doesn't that perfectly describe her? She was mysteriously and wonderously made to be full of life and color. Let me rephrase my first statement again...Jordan is the most beautiful painting we have ever seen. And her paintings are just an extension of our loving God.
March 2018
4 months ago
4 comments:
What a lovely post! Our children are so special! Beautiful painting by a beautiful girl!
love it!! she has a knack with trees fro sure! ;)
I love it! And I'm most excited to think that she can creat that beautiful work because she's actually SEEN fall! She sure didn't get that from livin' way down here! :) Congratulations Jordan!
Jordan is so talented! How special. And to think that she is using the talent that God gave her. Many people do not.
Post a Comment