Friday, January 16, 2009

TGI a Long Weekend

Here's a little update from last Friday's post:

1. The sun did not shine last weekend. It was extremely cold AND it snowed. The average temp this week hasn't gotten out of the 20s, and the wind chills are even worse. This morning it was 2 below zero, and it is supposed to get worse over the weekend. So no playing outside, I guess!

2. My new recipes worked pretty well. The red beans and rice was good, it used brown rice. Not too bad. The pasta e fagioli soup was alright. It called for pancetta which is like bacon, just not smoked. I couldn't find any, so I substituted turkey bacon. Bad choice! The soup was good as long as I didn't eat the pieces of bacon. Just so you will know, Jennie O turkey bacon is absolutley disgusting in or out of soup!

3. I have been very crafty lately. Chris says I am going Martha Stewart on him. I made Jaden and Claire some sweet little pictures for their new rooms. Jordan and I are working on a Valentine's garland. Pics will be posted later.

4. Jaron was upset about something today (who knows what) and he was crying hysterically. He still took the time to nudge the mouse and make the screen saver go off!!!!!!!!!

5. Since Jordy is taking piano lessons from your truly, I have been trying to sightread more music for my own personal practice. I sat down this afternoon to play through a couple of songs and was teasing Chris that he never wants to hear me play. Jordan said, "Yes he does, Mommy. And he likes your meals!" Ha, ha, ha!

6. Chris and I had a little date today. Jaron went to none other than Emily's apartment, so Chris and I ran to the Olive Garden to eat. We even had time to take a little nap afterwards :)

7. There was a new episode of The Office on last night. HILARIOUS!!! We will have to watch it again because it was so, so, so funny. Michael, Dwight, Jim and Andy are just the funniest characters we have ever seen on TV.

8. I am considering reading the Twilight series.

9. There is yucky salt residue all over our car from the roads this week. And I filled up our tank for $15 the other day! It wasn't completely empty, but a few months ago that would have been like 30 bucks worth of gas.

10. Jordan doesn't have to go to school on Monday because of Martin King Stewart day!

2 comments:

Alissa said...

Yuck for the cold but better up there than down here! :) It was pretty cold here (for west tx anyway) so we stayed inside and made playdough and played with bouncy bubbles!
I think I will have to try to make some Valentine's Day garland, I saw some on another blog I follow so we'll see.
You'd better get that nasty salt off your car! When we lived in MI I saw SO many cars with nasty rust spots from the salt-blech! Stay warm! :)

Alissa said...

How funny! And whatever about the jeans! I DID NOT rip a 12 inch hole into the bottom of my fairly new jeans when I bent over to get my shoes! Everyone keeps saying it was the material in the jeans but I have my doubts! :P