"One winter morning Peter woke up and looked out the window. Snow had fallen during the night. It covered everything as far as he could see."
Ezra Jack Keats
Ezra Jack Keats
Did you know Ezra Jack Keats was instrumental in introducing multiculturalism into mainstream American children's literature? Did you also know he was one of the first authors of children's books in America to use an urban setting in his stories? And he was born to Polish/Jewish parents. (Thank you, Wikipedia.) If I haven't already mentioned it before, this is one of my favorite children's books. It is one I remember vividly from my childhood, and I thoroughly enjoy passing it on to my children. I think, like most children, I love the illustrations most. That is why it won the Caldecott Medal. After four decades children still love the story of Peter!!! If you have children in any capacity, please read them this story. You can tell them it is from me :)
So on to the real reason for this post........it has been really, really cold here in Jersey. The wind chills have been down in the single digits some. But we have also had some sunny days, even though it doesn't warm up enough to melt the layer of snow on the ground. We haven't had alot of snow, but we have had enough to play in, so that's just what the kids and I did the other day, right out our back door.
4 comments:
We definitely have more snow in our area. It seems like it snows every weekend these days! We need to meet up again soon! Chris is not working at the church so we are free to go to church where ever we want too :) I will explain in an email.
I want Ashton to experience snow so bad!!! but... it is 70 degrees to day and probably not going to happen anytime soon - looks like fun!
I noticed you updated your blog and it inspired me to give mine a makeover (plus I saw TCBOTB was working!) We went to see Underworld 3. It was good, we just watched the other 2 so I was all caught up and didn't feel like I was lost. I normally am not a fan of vampire type movies but it was good. Anyway... :) we actually don't attend weekly meetings anymore. Our views about "church" have changed so it was time we move on to the next chapter. I have heard lots of good things about Experience Life (on 82nd & upland). :) Oh & FYI it was 82 here yesterday! :)
Hooray for naps! Today in the LBK would've been the perfect day for a nap! It finally feels like winter. It was cloudy, and foggy, and drizzly, and cold, and awesome because it has been SO dry here- YAY for no static! :) I know it's just because I washed my car yesterday! :) How are you guys?
Post a Comment