.........I turned 31 on Sunday. Yup, that's right. I am officially on the trek to 40 now. Blah! Gross! Oh my gosh! Anyway, even though I turned a dreaded 31, I can't think of a better way to have spent my birthday than the way I did...celebrating in New York City with my 3 most favorite people in the world! Enjoy this little trip through our blessed day!!
Before we left for church, Chris made me open my gift. He and the kids got me a bowl FULL of Reese's peanut butter cups (my fave) from the Hershey's store in Times Square. And hidden in that bowl was another wonderful treat...my very own iPod shuffle in my favorite color. (He also bought that in Times Square...at Virgin Records!) Now I am a true New Yorker!! But don't worry, I still say y'all :)
One of the biggest blessings we have been a part of here on the East Coast is our church. It is awesome! We all absolutely love going. The kids are learning so much each week...they come home singing songs or talking about their stories, and they are even getting more comfortable praying before we go to bed. I am so proud of them, but mostly I am thankful to God. And not only has He blessed the kids, but He has blessed us tremendously. I can't even put it into words. So considering all that, my birthday got off to a great start! After church we went around the corner to Chipotle, a gourmet burrito restaurant. I like going there after church for many reasons, and here they are:
#1 We get our food quick. It's kind of like Subway, only with burritos!
#2 The four of us can get plenty to eat for around $30. That's a steal in New York City!!
#3 They serve Mr. Pibb on their fountain, and it is soooooooo good!! (It's hard to find places here that serve Mr. Pibb/Dr. Pepper.)
#4 They have really good chips and guacamole!
After our enjoyable lunch at Chipotle, we headed for Brooklyn. I saw an episode of Rachael Ray's $40 a Day several months ago and she went to the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory. They are famous for their egg-less ice cream that is made in small batches each day to preserve the quality. Not only do they have great ice cream but they are in a fabulous location with spectacular views. So we made the journey across the historic bridge..................to the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory located right next to the Brooklyn Bridge in an old boat house.
Jaron had chocolate ice cream. He tried really hard to keep it from dripping everywhere!!!
Jordy chose peaches and cream...yummy!
Chris and I both opted for chocolate chocolate chunk. This was some of the best ice cream I have ever had! This will not be the last time we visit the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory.
After our sweet treat, we spent some time on the pier. I felt the need to accentuate my age for some reason!!! But who cares about that, look at the view of Manhattan!
Another great view......
I think it's just awesome that our kids get to have their picture taken in front of the Manhattan skyline, don't you!
This is the best view of all :)
This one ain't too bad either!!!!!!!
I have to say this was a pretty perfect day. It is one I will never forget. I must say again how blessed we are. We may not be rich or famous, but we are having a blast exploring New York City a little at a time!! To sum up this old lady's 31st birthday in one word..........YIPEE!!!!
March 2018
4 months ago
4 comments:
Yeah! Happy Belated Birthday. It looks like you had a wonderful day. It looks like the Children's Chorus is definately coming to NYC April 16-20. They will sing at Carnegie Hall. I'll let you know when I have more details. Do you think Chris could get show them around his theater? They would love to do something like that.
Happy birthday!! I have to tell you I am enjoying living vicariously through you and your family. I know exactly what you mean when you say you can't express how blessed you are. I thank God every day for my wonderful family. Ain't life grand!!!
Hooray! What a fun birthday! And you definately can't beat chocolate for breakfast!! :)
My sister will be in NYC next week & she is super excited! I've been telling her some of the things that you guys have gone to see to give her some different ideas. Also, how much are tickets to see Phantom? Just wondering... :)
You MUST be a very cool family--especially if you like Mexican food! Lovely pictures!
Post a Comment