We have been celebrating Halloween for a month now, and it's not even the 31st yet!!!!! Oh well, that's what you do when you have kids. Last Saturday we went to Terhune Orchards with some friends. This orchard is in Princeton, and they make the best apple cider donuts :)The kids were a little aggravated with me because I made them get a small pumpkin. I explained to them that they could pick out any of the small pumpkins or they wouldn't get anything at all. They changed their minds...ha, ha!
By the way Grandad and Dee Dee, Jaron wore his Spiderman T-shirt for 3 days in a row :)
Then I had to convince them to wait until Sunday afternoon to carve their pumpkins so that Daddy could do it with us. They thought that was a great idea...and Jaron dressed for the event in his Halloween costume. I am so glad he wants to wear his chicken costume again. It is so stinkin' cute!
Jordan dressed for the event in shorts and flip-flops........it was in the 50s!!!!!
And here are the finished products. Jordan's is the vampire one in the middle. What you can't see is that she gave it eyebrows and eyelashes. She said she was adding detail :) Jaron's is the friendly one on the left. Once we cut open the pumpkins and started scooping out the seeds and stuff, he wouldn't even think about touching any of it, in fact he didn't even want the newspaper it was on touching him.I have included this picture of Jordan and Emma because it is a perfect depiction of their relationship. Emma's mom said it perfectly...they have a love/hate relationship. They are either giggling and squealing or crying and tattling. This picture is so funny because they were mad at each other, and I caught Emma's pouty face, and Jordan still took the time to smile for the camera :)
On another note, Chris and I have had TWO lunch dates this week WITHOUT children!!! Monday Jaron was at his MDO class, so Chris and I went to a really good Chinese place we hadn't tried before. When we got there it was 11:10am, and they didn't open until 11:30. We walked through the shopping center and went into Peebles, which I think is affiliated with Bealle's somehow. Anyway, we came out of there with 2 pair of Sketchers shoes, a pair of Mudd shoes and a summer top for me all for $60!!!! Yee-haw! Then we had dumplings, wonton soup, General Tso's chicken, and chicken with asparagus. We ate it all!! It was great. Today after I took Jaron and Emily to the library (one of my favorite times of the week), and after Chris went on Jordan's field trip, Jaron stayed at Emily's to play, so Chris and I went to On the Border so I could get my Mexican fix. We had guacamole live (they make it at your table), tacos, empanadas and Dr. Pepper. YUM!! And tonight, another episode of "The Office" comes on. I can't wait to see what idiotic things Michael pulls in this one. What fun things have you been doing this week?
March 2018
4 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment