Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Say Hello to My Little Friend

This post will be dedicated to all of the "little" friends we make on a daily basis. It is wonderful being a parent because you get to see the world through the eyes of your children. And, thanks to our big God, they have big eyes!! Sometimes I wish I could just revisit the innocence of childhood and enjoy things the way they do. They don't wake up worrying about their to-do list and how much of it they will be able to get done. They don't fret over phone calls that need to be made or bills that need to be paid. There is no worry about where their food or clothing will come from. Come to think of it, children are just like that little sparrow that God has His eye on. Mr. Sparrow doesn't worry about nourishment or a place to call home. It is all provided for him, and Jordan and Jaron have the same attitude. They just get up and live life. And not only do they live life, but they enjoy it. Don't you think that is what abundant life is? Just getting up and depending completely on the One who has it all under control? That is what Jordan and Jaron do. They know that Chris and I will take care of them no matter what. I want the same to be said about my faith in God and His Son Jesus. I don't know about you, but I needed to be reminded of that! Enjoy these pictures of our abundant life!!!



Little Friend #1...He jumped out of one of the plants on the patio when I was watering it the other day. Is he not just the cutest little frog you have ever seen!!





Little Friend #2...On Saturday our township had a Freedom Festival at one of the parks nearby. The kids and I went for a little while and they took a little pony ride. I felt like I was back in Texas! Did you know that Texas and New Jersey have the most horses of any other states in the nation? And did you know this was Jordan's first pony ride ever? She wasn't scared at all!!!

Little Friend #3...On Monday after lunch we took a trip over to the movie theater to see "Iron Man". Jaron is very into superheros, in case you didn't know, so we all went to see a movie that he's been chomping at the bit to see. When we got there, this huge statue of the Hulk was in the lobby. Jaron was beside himself with joy!!!

We have many, many other little friends, so stay tuned to meet some more later on!!

0 comments: