Saturday, July 26, 2008

More Summertime Fun

Well, for the last few weeks I feel like I haven't had much to blog about. It's just summertime, and here in NJ there is still alot of summer left. The kids don't go back to school until after Labor Day. So, many of our friends that we hang out with and play with are still out of town. And two of our friends from the apartment complex have moved!!!! But we're still enjoying our summer, with the occasional, "Mom, I'm bored"!!!!

Vivian is one of Jordan's friends from her class. They lived in our apartment complex, and we occasionally went to the library or the park with them. Vivian is very lively, and just plain funny!! She and her family have moved to Connecticut, only 3 hours away. We are planning to try and meet up one more time before school starts.
This is Vivian's mother, Meng. That is her last name. Her first name is very difficult to say, so everyone just calls her Meng!!
Jordan has really missed Vivian. They got along really well, even though they are both pretty bossy :)

Our neighbors moved also. They are in India for a month, and then they are moving to Las Vegas. They were such good neighbors. Their son, Sunny, is 3 and he and Jaron LOVED each other. Unfortunately this picture is blurry...they would hug and kiss each other every time they played. They were so funny because they would kiss in the most random places, like on the hand or on the shoulder or on the eyebrow!!!! Jaron and Sunny really are two peas in a pod. Their personalities are very, very similar.
And here's the gang. Aakar is Jordan's age, and they rode the bus together to school. Aakar gave us his bean plant when they left! I think he wanted us to keep his stick collection too, but his mother wouldn't let him give it to us!!!!!
This is Aakar and Sunny's mom, Hemanti. She is such a nice person. I always enjoyed visiting with her outside and at the bus stop. One day I locked us out of our apartment, and so I went to her's to get the phone number I needed. We talked until it was almost dark!!!
Last week after church we ate lunch at John's Pizza. It's right across the street from Chris's theater. It used to be a church, and we got to sit right under this amazing stained glass.
Isn't is beautiful?
After Chris took several pictures in the restaurant, I said, "Do you think we look like tourists?"
Thursday afternoon was spent by the pool. This is Harriet's pool, Jordan's friend from ballet class. I liked this shot of the girls, from left to right it's Jordan, Katie, Harriet, and Bethan (Harriet's big sister).
There's Harriet and Jordy!
Harriet and Jordan huddling to keep warm.
Jordan and Harriet being a little silly!!!
Katie is Bethan's friend and she's the one outside of the pool. Jordan and Bethan are in the pool. They ran Jaron off!!!!

Harriet, Bethan and their parents, Tracey and Ewan, are from the UK. They are very nice, down-to-earth people. Tracey and I and some of the other ballet mom's had a great time picking on the only dad that brought his daughter to ballet each Friday. Poor guy, he didn't have a whole lot going for him!!! Somehow he was convinced that Tracey's name was really Susan. She let him call her Susan until the last time we saw him, at the recital!! When she revealed her real name to him, we all just died laughing, and all of the other husbands were there too! Tracey and Ewan are also planning an "American Trash" get together. We were invited to their house for a 4th of July breakfast and we got to meet their neighbors who are from Arkansas. Somehow the topic of Cool Whip came up and that led to Cheese Whiz, which led to Hamburger Helper. Tracey said they were going to plan a meal for all of us to showcase our "American Trash" foods!!!! Those three things are on the menu, as well as bologna and who knows what else! I'll let you know as soon as we have it :)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I like the blog layout.

Man, I can't believe how diverse Jordan's friends are. That is so great. She will grow up with such an open mind.

I love Summer!

The Kellys said...

I am so glad you are getting to know people. It is difficult to meet people when you move to a new place. Sounds like the kiddos are adjusting and settling in.

Are you guys going to make it to TX anytime soon????

Candace said...

I love your hair, Marce!!! I did not realize you cut it. I feel like I miss so many of those little details since you are so far away!! :(

You all look so happy - like you are really aclimating to your new home.

Miss you & love you sky fulls!

The Berridges said...

Your hair looks so cute! I love it!