I have been waiting to do this post for weeks. And here's why:
#1 I have been waiting for Chris to download some of the pictures from his phone.
#2 He has been intending to take the camera to work and take pictures of himself in all of his costumes for months, and he just now did it this weekend!
Anyway, I post pictures of the kids and all of their adventures all the time. I wanted to show you some of the things our hero does on a daily basis. He has quite a few adventures, too!!!!
Chris has been way into fishing lately. He loves going, and has even taken the kids several times, even though they just distract him when they go!! He bought an inflatable boat at Walmart recently so he could go further out on his little lake and fish for better fish. That last sentence just sounded really stupid.......forgive me, I am NOT a fishing pro, nor do I want to be one. So he took his boat out one day, had quite and experience tying it to his car, getting into it at the lake, sitting in water in the bottom of it, running over rocks and rowing with only ONE paddle. He caught this fish.......I can't remember what it's called, maybe a sunny?
He hasn't taken his boat out again but he did order two oars, so he should be a little more productive the next time he goes out. This is a pretty decent-sized large mouth bass, huh?
And another one.....
And another one! I just don't know how he can stand to stick his hand in their mouths.....YUCK!
So a few weeks ago, Chris got to go to the Yankees game with a few of his friends from Phantom. Chris has become a Yankees fan since we moved here, and he jumped at the chance to go check out the new stadium. From left to right, this is a picture of Geoff Packard, Evan Harrington and some guy named Mike (I think) who is not in the show but is Evan's friend. Geoff is a member of the ensemble and plays Monsieur Reyer (a part at the beginning of the show). If I remember correctly, he is a cover for the part Raoul, Christine's love interest, which completes the love triangle between her and the Phantom. Evan plays the part Ubaldo Piangi, the part that Chris covers. They also share a dressing room and fill their time with video games, fantasy baseball and various other sporting events on TV. I call them Chris's boyfriends.......just as a joke!! It bugs him!!!! Ha ha!
Geoff and Evan again.

It seemed like all the pictures Chris took that day, someone was showing off their guns!! They crack me up!
Just about two weeks ago, Howard McGillin had a party to celebrate his time with Phantom, ten years and over 2,000 performances as the Phantom, more than any other person. He is a Broadway legend; he has had leading roles in several award-winning Broadway shows. I feel very honored to have had the chance for me and the kids to meet him, and I know Chris feels honored to have had the chance to work with him. He was remarkably talented, and a phabulous Phantom!! Happy Trails, Howard!OK, so onto the costumes. These are the costumes that Chris wears when he is playing the part of Ubaldo Piangi, he has a different set of costumes when he is the Porter/Fireman and part of the ensemble. Maybe in a few months I will be able to post some of those pictures, hahaha!
Anyway, these first two pictures are his costume in the "Hannibal" scene at the very beginning of the show. During this scene they are rehearsing for the opera "Hannibal"..........so it's basically a show within a show! Chris is Hannibal, the triumphant warrior. This is the scene in which he has to sing a high C.......I can't tell you how many times the kids and I have heard him practice...we love it!! He also has to climb a big elephant at the end of the scene too, with this huge costume and cape. I think it weighs like 20 pounds or more.
This is his costume in the first "Manager's"scene. It involves all of the principal actors and actresses, discussing the mysterious happenings around the opera house due to the relationship between Phantom and Christine.
And this is the best costume of all.......the Masquerade Ball!!!!!!!!!! And yes, that is a big sun on his tummy and a purple wig on his head :) The second act opens with the entire cast in bright, extravagant costumes. The Phantom magically appears in his "Red Death" costume.....Ooooooo!
Manager's 2........similar to Manager's 1, only this time they are planning how to use Christine as bait to capture the Phantom once and for all during their performance of the opera "Don Juan", an opera that the Phantom wrote and demanded Christine play the lead.
And this is Chris's "Don Juan" costume. He is Don Juan in the opera, but unfortunately he is murdered by the Phantom. The last thing we see of Daddy is his body being carried off in a stretcher!!!
Now, I apologize if I have left out or gotten any of this information wrong. I was dying to show Chris off a little!!!!!! Hope you enjoy.........please come visit us sometime so you can see our star in real life :)
March 2018
3 months ago
3 comments:
The Hannibal costume weighs more like 60-70 lbs. !!
very, very cool
I'm sorry but I had to giggle a little when I 1)saw Chris in makeup...2)saw Chris in the costume with the big sun on his tummyand the purple wig....3)when you mentioned his inflatable boat. Haha!
...but..I am very proud of Chris and I can't believe the Bohannon crew hasn't taken a trip to see you all. You would think with all these Bohannon's around some of us would eventually venture out that way. Maybe soon! It's a goal of mine.
Enjoyed the pictures.
Question...Does Chris get to bring these fish home to eat?
Post a Comment