Two weeks ago Jordan and Jaron started VBS at Dutch Neck Presbyterian Church, right down the street from their school. It's an old, old church......I think it was established in the 1800s......it's white with a tall steeple and a cemetery behind it. I have always enjoyed driving by it. I am not really sure why, I am kind of weird about that kind of stuff. If I don't like the way I feel when I drive by a place, then I will find another way to go!!! But fortunately it was not that way in this case.
I have to be honest and tell you that the kids did NOT want to go to VBS. Sunday night, they complained about it all night. They said they wanted to stay with me. But being the wise mother that I am, I got them up bright and early Monday morning and told them they would probably really enjoy it. And guess what.......when I picked them up, the first thing they said to me was, "I had sooooooooo much fun! Do we have to go home now?"
The theme for the week was "Camp E.D.G.E.". Experience and Discover God Everywhere. They did not like me calling it VBS, they insisted it was Camp E.D.G.E. They had a really good time learning about stories from the Old and New Testament. They made an ark of the covenant. Jaron eventually used it to store his "G-Force" cards. They made a pencil case the next day, but none of us can remember what the story was!! They made a star mobile for the story of Jesus' birth...they hung them on the window in the living room. They painted a poster by rolling a marble over posterboard. And the last day they colored a cross puzzle.....the puzzle is actually in the shape of a cross. It took us forever to put it together!!! Jordan's was a thousand different colors, and Jaron, of course, only used his favorite color.....blue. They had fun snacks, which Jaron amazingly ate!!! They had water games day on Thursday. And Friday they got to wear their Camp E.D.G.E. tshirts and sing some of their songs for us. These pictures are all from that day.
Jordan made sure to tell me, just about every day, that she wanted to go to VBS again next year. I told her that would absolutely be possible!! I am so thankful they got to have such a fun week. Chris and I were so proud of both of them, quirks and all!!!!!!
March 2018
3 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment