Jaron went to bus orientation at HIS school last week. He is insisting that Dutch Neck is no longer Jordan's school, but it is only his school. HA!! Anyway, all the little kiddos ride the bus to school everyday (very different from how I grew up in Lubbock), and he has been very excited about it.
We decided to take his backpack, I thought it was a good idea for him to know what it will be like to carry it with him on the bus. When we got to the school the assistant principal asked us to drop off the kids in the media center and then leave. It took me a second to process that request.....they wanted us OUT!! They explained that it would be easier for the kids if the parents left the room. So Jaron went and sat on the carpet like he was supposed to, I tried to linger for a second, and then they shooed all of us out......I didn't like it. I needed to watch Jaron and make sure he was OK.
So a couple of my friends and I waited out under the tree in the front and those precious little kindergarten babies came filing out, in nice straight lines, loaded the bus, AND IT DROVE OFF!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how close I was to jumping in the car and following the bus......I knew beforehand that they were going to get a little ride, but I wasn't prepared for the sight of the bus driving off with my child, and not knowing where it was going!!!!!
However, it wasn't but 5 or 10 minutes and they came back. They all hopped off the bus, beaming and waving like they had just accomplished a huge and exciting task. I can't tell how glad and proud I was to see my little boy!!!
So in 3 weeks, Chris and I will put him on the bus everyday so he can go begin a new adventure in life. Honestly, I am dreading that day. I am not ready for my youngest child to be in school. I am going to miss his company, and more than anything I am not ready for him to grow up. I hope and pray that he will enjoy every minute of it, that he falls in love with his teacher, Mrs. McGuiness, and that he gets a chance to share some imformation he has gathered about his precious sea animals :) He has asked me several times recently if he will get to learn about crabs in kindergarten, I told him I am not sure, but I hope with all of my heart that he does. Pray for our little Jaron on his first day of kindergarten, for Jordan on her first day of 2nd grade, for Mommy to have strength and for Daddy to have patience with Mommy :)
I love my Jaron, my precious kindergartener. And I love my Jordan, my amazing 2nd grade princess.
March 2018
3 months ago
2 comments:
Aww, so seet. I will be saying a prayer for all of you. I know this must be hard when the youngest starting school. Logan starts 2nd grade as well. They really do grow up way too fast!
He will do GREAT! I am crying right now! I was just thinkin about Jaron/Spidii. I told DeeDee JUST LAST night, "wouldn't it be neat to be with JAron/Spidii on his 1st day of school!" We hope "Big" Jordan has a great 1st -day of 2nd Grade!. Luv U, Grandad!
Post a Comment