We started a new tradition this year. We went to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center today! I wanted to go last year, but we just didn't make it due to all of the CRAZY crowds. (FYI, taking two kids into the city on a crowded train is NOT fun.) So several weeks ago I told Chris that the one thing I wanted us to be able to do this year was go to Rockefeller Center and see the tree. And here's an interesting bit of trivia...they got the tree from the township right next to ours, Hamilton Township. Cool, huh? It is amazing how big it is. I will give you a heads up, the pictures don't do it any justice. It is an experience that you have to witness in real life. Very, very beautiful...see for yourself :)Our first view of the tree. The walkway is lined with beautiful angels holding trumpets.
I wonder if the people who put up these angels thought about the fact that they are heralding the birth of Jesus?
Jordan wanted to go ice skating so bad, I told her we would take lessons and come back next year since none of us have ever ice skated! She didn't like that idea!!
The golden statue of Prometheus...he was was a Greek god who brought new life to man by giving him fire...hmmmmm. I can think of another gift imparting new life, can you?
You can see one of the cables holding up the tree. While we were watching the ice rink, a couple had the rink to themselves. The man took his girlfriend over to the statue and was very obviously proposing to her! She gave him a big hug and kiss, so we figured she said yes. We all clapped for them! What was also very cool was Pachabel's Canon in D was playing while they were out on the ice. It made for a very blissful moment :)This in one of six figures surrounding the rink. They were all holding a different instrument.
It was a wonderful experience we had this afternoon. I am so thankful we were able to go and see the Christmas tree and all of the beauty surrounding it. They call New York City the concrete jungle, but it sure can be spectacular!!!!
March 2018
3 months ago
8 comments:
I bet it WAS cute!! :) It looks like your trip to the city was lots of fun & well worth it! Glad you're feeling better! :)
What a wonderful way to begin the Christmas celebration!
you all look great in your winter accessories!
Looks like a Sunday afternoon is the perfect time to see the tree! Not nearly as crowded as last Saturday night when we were there. I love Christmas in NYC! It is so amazing! See you soon!
Ha Ha! Actually it was taken this past Saturday at Kenny's wedding. I talked to Bob and he said you guys were thinking about moving into the city. We also talked about how much Jordan looks like Steve and how good Jaron is at selective listening. :) Are you guys coming home for Christmas? We'd love to see you!
Aww! That WILL be fun! I know you will have a GREAT time! :) We will look forward to seeing you in the spring then! :)
this is everyones dream at Christmas! enjoy!
I went to high school with Whitney & church with them both (& Shelby) at Southcrest.
Post a Comment