I have been sick. It's a cold or something. I have a cough and a sore throat. I can't even walk through the apartment without having to sit down and rest. What a bummer. Plus, Chris went to rent "Prince Caspian" yesterday and they didn't have it. Everything tastes weird. Our lunch yesterday was disgusting. I don't know if I will ever be able to fix it again. It was shell pasta with marinara sauce. I also roasted some brussel sprouts in the oven. Gross. Even the thought of it turns my stomach. Today my lunch consisted of tater tots and Lipton Noodle Soup. It was alright. I got some Grasshopper cookies at the store (they are like Girl Scout Thin Mints), and they don't even taste good. Another bummer. And why do they make it so hard to find the medicine you need? I stood on the medicine isle for what seemed like an eternity trying to decide which medicine to get. Truth be told, none of them really sounded like what I needed, but I ended up getting some Tylenol stuff. It is the worst tasting medicine I have ever had. I took one swig of it and washed it down with water. Chris told me I shouldn't do that so I took another swig WITHOUT any water and wanted to cut my tongue off. Our apartment is a wreck, I haven't done any laundry or vacuumed or changed the sheets or cleaned the kitchen. Fortunately I have a good husband and daughter who have done the dishes for me. Chris cleaned the entire kitchen this afternoon, and he even cleaned the metal things that go around the burners on the stove. That is one of those things that I always notice needs to be done, I just never get around to it. Jordan just walked into the kitchen tonight and washed the dishes in the sink, dried them and put them away. Then she wanted to know if there were any more chores to do! I told her I would like for all the toys to be put away. I guess she didn't consider that a chore because she didn't do it. I am ready to feel better so I can take care of my family and play with my kids and work on Christmas shopping and cook half-way decent meals. Ugh.
I know I have probably already posted this picture, but here's my wonderful family. They take care of me when I am sick, they forgive me when I am cranky, they draw me pictures of Batman and butterflies, they don't worry about the messy apartment, they are wonderful. I am so thankful for them. And I am thankful for God's provision and His forgiveness as well.
Sorry for this gripe session...I do feel a little better now. I am going to bed.........
March 2018
3 months ago
5 comments:
Being sick is no fun and somehow its that time of year again! So either the 21st or the 27th Chris & I want to join you guys at Time Square Church. He has both Sunday's off - 1 week is Redeemer and the other is Time Square. Will you guys be around? Let me know and then we can work out the details :) Feel better!
Feeling crummy is THE WORST! I hope you feel better soon and get back into the swing of "normal" life (whatever that means!) :)
miss you and love you! Sorry you feel crummy!
I love the truthfulness in this!
I think we are on for the 28th. We can be there by 9 as well. We maye have some other friends with us from Hoboken. Do they have parking?
Post a Comment