Getting ready for Nana and Papa to come visit...Harry needed a bath!!!
So did Ron!
We went to the mall to see "Wall-E" with Nana and Papa. Papa luckily won this stuffed toy out of one of those machines with the claw.
He was fortunate enough to get two for Jaron!!! Hulk and Shrek...it made Jaron and Jordan's day :)
Nana and Papa took Jaron to another mall so he could pick out his birthday present. Surprise, surprise...he picked out a bunch of Hulk stuff!! Jordy also got to pick out a toy, she wanted the "Furr Real" sheep. Then they got to get some new school shoes from the Stride Rite store. Jordan also got two new outfits for school from "The Children's Place".
Nana, Jordan and Jaron spent one afternoon playing Candy Land. Jaron is shirtless because, guess what...he was being the Hulk :)
On Saturday afternoon we went into the city to see Chris perform in "Phantom". Here we are waiting on the train platform in Princeton Junction. This was my 6th time to see the show, Jordan and Jaron's third time, and Nana and Papa's 2nd time to see Chris. I am so glad we went. It is expensive to go see a Broadyway show, but when your husband is performing, it is totally worth it. I will see it again and again and again. For a while I thought I would start taking the kids to see other Broadyway shows, but then I changed my way of thinking and decided that any chance we get to see Daddy is worth it!!
On Sunday after church we went up to Harlem to a famous home-cookin' restaurant, Sylvia's. It was very good. The blackeyed peas and mac and cheese were great. It made me miss that kind of cooking, even though it's not all that healthy!! Here Jordan and Jaron are riding in a REAL taxi back to where our car was parked. They thought it was the coolest thing ever!!
Nana and Papa's last full day to be with us was a little exciting, to say the least! Chris didn't have to go into work, so we spent the day just "hacking around". We went to lunch, then antique shopping and lastly miniature golfing. While we were golfing, Chris got a call from our apartment office that our building did not have any water and that we needed to go stay in a hotel. What a pain!!!
For those of you who know Jaron even a little bit, know that he definitely marches to the beat of his OWN drum. This is his idea of golfing. This is why we are so crazy about Jaron!!!!!!!
We really had a good time, Nana and Papa!!! We can't wait to see you again...we love you!!!!!!
March 2018
4 months ago
5 comments:
Glad you had a good time! What fun
It does look like you guys had a wonderful time! :) I thought of you a couple of days ago when I went to Daybreak. :) I am actually teaching at Kid's Kingdom. I have a rowdy class full of 2 year olds! (& I have to say I stole Jordan's teacher's Birthday song!!)
I love your new background! It's super cute! :)
how fun! i am way impressed that "papa" not only got one stuffed animal but managed to get two! that's super impressive!
also, i'm glad the post about ramadan was helpful! thanks for leaving a comment..... :)
now, you've been tagged!
see my blog for instructions....
That luck at the "claw machine" must run in the Bohannon family. Danny won Logan many animals out of one, in one visit, when Logan was little. :)
Post a Comment