So, some of you may be wondering what Jaron is up to since Jordan is gone to school all day now. For starters, our apartment is MUCH quieter! But he is doing all of the things pre-schoolers do...he goes to his Mom's Day Out class, which he calls his "church school" (it's at a church nearby). We take his friend Emily to the library on Thursdays for pre-school storytime and craft. Those two are quite a pair!!!! Emily is not at all a girly-girl. She loves the Power Rangers and any other action figure. She does not like to wear pink, and she is just plain funny!!! Jaron says she is his best friend. The other day I asked him why she is his best friend. He said, "Because she is a girl, but she likes boy toys." OMG, they are sooooooo cute! Anyway, the other thing our little pre-schooler is doing is writing his name on everything. He writes on his dry erase board, on the sidewalk, on paper...anything he can get his hands on. This is one of his pictures he did at church last week. Isn't he doing great!? He has also learned all of his letters with the exception of "E, F and U". I made him some flashcards with pictures. Most of them have some sort of superhero, some have "G" for Granny, "N" for Nana, "P" for Papa, and so on. He is doing just great!!!! I am so thankful I have one more year with him. I have really enjoyed it so far!!!
OK, so on to Halloween. We have gone Halloween crazy around here. I think we have been to Michael's three times this week to get cheap Halloween crafts :) Here is our ceramic jack-o-lantern centerpiece. We all love to look at him.
These crafts are the cutest and funnest things to make. They are a dollar at Michael's, so we go every few days to get a new one! Jaron made all of these. You have to arrange beads on a pegboard and then iron them to get them to stick together. All it has is a little diagram to follow, and Jaron is really good at making them on his own. He made all of these himself. I had to help just a little.
Here's Jordan's bat. The kids think he looks dumb like Patrick on "Spongebob"!!
Jaron picked out this craft on Monday and once we got it home I thought it was going to get the best of me. This thing had a thousand really, really small pieces. There was no way that Jaron could have done it...of course I did neglect to read the package where it said "ages 8 and up".
These are Jordy's bead crafts. She thinks she can't do them by herself, but she can. I helped her with the witch, but then she did the pumpkin completely on her own.
And Jaron's life cannot be complete without some sort of spider!! This guy was much easier than that silly pirate :)
The other day we began a craft that required black paint. (You will see the finished product at the end). Jaron decided he wanted to paint every Halloween creature he could think of, so we put them all in a book.A witch holding a pumpkin.
An owl.
A spider...again :)
A bat.
A bat sleeping upside down during the day.
Frankenstein.
And a skeleton.
Jordan added a head-less monster on the back when she got home.
Halloween festivities wouldn't be complete without a bowl of goodies!!
And here's the completed craft that required the black paint...it's our bat tree!!
We all painted the egg carton things, then I attached the wings, Jordan glued on the eyes, and Jaron did the ears. Aren't they cute???
March 2018
4 months ago
1 comments:
I love your new background AND all of the crafts! You guys HAVE been busy!! :) They did a great job!
Post a Comment