Who can name the opera that is from? First person gets a picture of the kids.
Who can tell me the composer? First person gets two pictures of the kids.
Which character in the opera sang this song? First person gets a CD of pictures of the kids :)
Anyway, just a little "summertime" fun! We have completed our second day of summer vacation and the kids already think they can do anything they want to do. I can't even recall how many time-outs they have had in the last two days. Jaron is in the really bad habit of saying sorry when he is in trouble, but he says it like a thousand times in a row really fast. It's a little like this, "Sowwy, mom. Sowwy, sowwy, sowwy, sowwy, sowwy, sowwy........." you get the idea. He has discovered he is irresistibly cute and he tries to use it to his advantage. Well, I am about to go Carol Burnett on him!!!!!!
I also think it was a bit of a mistake to take them to see "Kung Fu Panda" because Jordan is karate chopping everything in sight. She does seem to save most of her karate chops for Jaron. Boy, if Jaron can handle her nagging and bossing, he will be able to marry anyone and be happy!!!
So we don't have alot of news around here. Most of Jordan's friends are leaving town for vacation, and since 95% of them have family in other countries, they are going to be gone for most of the summer. But, that's OK. We will still have fun with the few people that are around, not to mention each other!!! I am thoroughly enjoying not having any sort of schedule to keep. I still try to get the kids in bed around the same time, but other than that, we have no plans so far and it is great. Actually we are planning to go into the city on Thursday to watch Daddy play softball. He is on the Phantom softball team and they play other Broadway teams in Central Park!!!!! FFFFFFUUUUUNNNNNN!!! A couple of weeks ago, they couldn't play their scheduled game because the team they were supposed to play had to rehearse for the Tony awards. Come on people, what about priorities?!?!?!?
If you are looking for some summer reading, I have read two Max Lucado books recently that I have really enjoyed. "It's Not About Me" and "Traveling Light" are an easy, but encouraging read. I am about to start "The Cure for the Common Life". I will let you know what I think!!! And if you have kiddos, check out the books and TV show "Charlie and Lola". It comes on Playhouse Disney at various times, but it is the cutest show I have ever seen!! I love to watch it with the kids. Lola is a hoot!! I know you will enjoy it too! Talk to everyone real soon!
March 2018
3 months ago
4 comments:
I don't remember who sang it, but it's written by The Gershwin Bros. and is from "Porgy and Bess"
Papa
Actually, I think it was the character "Clara" who sang the song to her baby
Hi guys! I came across from another blog, wierd! How are you?! I was reading over some of your old posts/pictures! HOW AWESOME! It sounds like ya'll are all doing great there! :) Have a great week! Tall Chris we said hello! Oh, I found some old pictures of you when you were pregnant with Jordan! When I get a chance, I will scan/email them to you! :)
Hey Marcy! I started a blog for my family! Check it out! I love checking out your blog!
theberridges.blogspot.com
Post a Comment