Friday, June 20, 2008

School's Out for the Summer...Finally!

I never thought the last day of school would EVER get here! I am so ready to take the kids to the pool whenever I want to!!!!!! Anyway, this week has been a whirlwind of excitement (see next post)! I couldn't sleep tonight until I share some info with you!!

Jordan finished kindergarten today. I can't believe it...I absolutely can't believe it. And I am so proud of how she handled the transition from Lubbock, Texas to Princeton Junction, New Jersey. From Haynes Elementary to Maurice Hawk School. She is a trooper, and our big God loves our little girl!!


First day of school, Haynes Elementary School--Lubbock, Texas
First day of school, Maurice Hawk School--Princeton Junction, New Jersey
Last day of school in Jersey...this is the bus stop gang!!!
Our almost-first grader! Isn't she grown-up?
Lunch with David (and his parents). His mother, Patricia, is in Phantom with Chris. They live down the street from us and David goes to Maurice Hawk also.
The Pool Party!!!!!!!! This is the pool gang!


And here's the biggest news of all...Chris was offered a PERMANENT CONTRACT with Phantom!!!!!! He got the call last night at 10:42 :) We had to do everything humanly possible to NOT wake up the kids because we were so excited!!!! What is so exciting is that Chris's first contract ended this past Monday, so we have been in a bit of limbo! But we have been praying about everything and encouraging each other and depending on all of your prayers, so we felt OK about Chris being out of work temporarily. Little did we know that he would only be off for 3 days! What an amazing God we serve. He always takes care of us. He always answers prayer. He always makes undesirable situations better. He replaces sadness with joy. He replaces hurt with healing. He replaces fear with love. He replaces everything that we feel like we loose in this life with even more satisfying blessings. He is so good, and we are so grateful to Him for taking care of this situation! Can I get a witness out there?!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really great Marcy!

Gage and Molly said...

That is so AWESOME!! I am so very excited for you guys. Oh, and to answer your question no, I am not doing Kodaly this year.

Tonya said...

You got your witness right here! Amen sista! Praise the LORD! God is SO good ALL the time!