Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Extra, Extra! Read All About It!

Jaron and his new friend Emily. She is 3 years old and her mother speaks fluent German because she grew up in Austria. They are very nice people, and very fun to be with.
Jordan and some of her cute classmates. Shivani always hugs me when she sees me, Kaitlyn is always in trouble with Mrs. Skillman and Aashika is just precious.
Jordan is dressed up for "Beach Day" at school. Isn't she adorable!

Now that I have your attention, there is no exciting news around here! Sorry!! We have had a good week, but not much has happened. We have been to the pool a few times, and we always see some of our new friends there. It is always so fun to go and hang out with everyone. Chris was able to go to the pool with us for a little bit on Monday afternoon before he left for the show. He is so funny. He always thinks he doesn't need sunscreen, but then he always ends up getting burned. So on Monday he got burned on half of his torso! Whatever!!! Jaron has made a new friend and they are so cute together. Her name is Emily, but Jaron thinks she's a boy. I cannot seem to convince him that she is a she! She has 3 brothers, though, and I think she wears their hand-me-downs, so she always has a Power Rangers T-shirt or something like that on. And she can talk action heroes with the best of them!! She is a little younger than Jaron, and she follows him around copying everything he does. If he screams like Venom, so does she. If he acts like a T-Rex, so does she. It is really cute!

We all went to Jordan's new school this morning for "Pastries with the Principal". All of the kids in our apartment complex will be going to Dutch Neck School instead of Maurice Hawk next year. They are doing it to help with the over enrollment at Hawk. Jordan will be in a smaller class next year, which is always good, and the school is one of the best elementary schools in the state of New Jersey. She really enjoyed the visit to Dutch Neck. It is an old school, and has a very colonial facade. I will try to post a picture later. At the meeting, one of the first people we met was one of the PTA officers. She was setting up the pastries, and she and I were doing a little small talk. Guess what I found out? She is from Lubbock!!!!! I almost fell over! Most people that are in Jersey think Dallas is the only city in Texas, so to actually meet someone from Lubbock is soooooo cool. Unfortunately she went to Coronado, but I won't hold that against her!


Today was rainy and very humid. I am going to have to get used to this humidity. Sometimes it's so bad I feel like I can't breathe! So today we chose to stay in and just relax. Jordan of course went to school for the afternoon, but other than that we were the laziest people on the planet. And I am watching Pride and Prejudice for the jillionth time! I love that movie. You gals out there need to check it out if you already haven't. It is so good. I am going to read the book again. I read it back at MHS, but I was so naive that I had no idea what was going on. Now that I am a bit more "manure" (mature), I actually understand what the story is about.

My crazy friend in Lubbock, Peggy Brown, always said manure instead of mature because she is just crazy!!! She kept me in stitches when we worked at Wheatley together. One day she came to work with the biggest jar of olives and one of baby dill pickles that I have ever seen. We ate olives and pickles everyday with our lunch, and now I can't eat them without thinking of her. The other day I called her and told her I now have a crazy New Jersey friend. Her name is Maria and every time I see her she tells me about somebody else's trash she has picked up off the side of the road. She always takes it home and uses it for crafts for her kids and stuff. Guess what Peggy said! "Oh boy, arts and crap!!" Everyone needs to have a crazy friend. Do you have a crazy friend?

Well, I will bore you no longer. Call us and we will sit out by the pool together on the phone!!!!!

3 comments:

Gage and Molly said...

Hey now there's nothing wrong with Coronado!!!

Ashley said...

Glad things are going so well. Man, they are sure growing! I do love Pride and prejudice too and watch it often. I bought it in April and can't get enough. My sister is the hugest fan and swears that the Jane Austin miniseries with Colin Firth is the best.

Does Jaron start school next year too or does he stay home one more year?

The M Family said...

i think it is so wonderful that you guys know so many international people!!! :)