Monday, June 9, 2008

Summer Time is Fun Time!!!

Spiderman to the rescue!!!!! (Ignore the pink floaties!)
Spidey pounces on his unsuspecting prey...
What's wrong with this web?
Courtesy of your friendly neighborhood Spiderman, and his cute little tummy!!




I love the summer. I always have. As a kid I loved it because we went swimming every day. As an adult I have enjoyed it because I was off work and got to play with my kids. Last year we wore out the Slip and Slide. This year we are going to wear out the pool at our apartment complex. It opened about 2 weeks ago, and we have been half a dozen times or more. We just can't stay away!!! On a hot day, it is just too tempting. We usually go around 11:00 in the morning or 5:00 in the afternoon. That way it is not too terribly hot, and the kids aren't out when the sun's rays are at it's most damaging. (I know, I know...I am weird!) My sister is probably laughing at me right now. She was, and still is the sun queen. I have always tried to shield my skin from the harmful UVA and UVB rays, but I still enjoy swimming...immensely!!!!

Neither one of the kids have ever taken swimming lessons. So, the first time Chris got to go to the pool with us, he got to witness Jaron jump in the pool and take off. He had floaties on, but he kicked and paddled all over the pool. Now there's no stopping him!!! Jordan is a little more cautious, so we got her a boogie board and she is getting much better at kicking around the pool holding on to it. They LOVE going to the pool to swim and play with their friends. It's a blast!!

One more thing that is awesome about the pool........packing a lunch. Nothing tastes better after swimming for a while than a ham and cheese sandwich, a pickle and some goldfish. That has been our lunch of late. Some people at the table next to us today packed some kind of pasta. It looked and smell really good!!!!!!! Anyway, enjoy these great pictures of the kiddos. We love ya'll!!!!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Marcy. I LOVE to go swimming too. Cute pictures and video.

Gage and Molly said...

You have to tell me where you got the spiderman gear. That is too cool. By the way we both have great taste, in that we have the same swim suit!!! Funny huh?

Ashley said...

So fun! Family time is the best and you know how much I love the summer

The M Family said...

fun!!! i especially love the spiderman pics! jaron is too cute posing! (i ignored the floaties of course) :) anyhow, we have a pool at our complex too but i haven't had a chance to get in it yet - but i think after seeing your family enjoying it i may have to make it happen as soon as possible!