Friday, July 22, 2011

Beach 2011

Last Friday the kids and I decided to head to Belmar and spend the afternoon at the beach. The weather was perfect; not too hot, the clouds would hide the sun from time to time, and my umbrella only blew away once! The only thing that would have made it better was if Chris was with us.



The water was a little chilly.....but it didn't stop the kids one bit!


After a dip in the chilly Atlantic....I was a bit of a weeny!!!

Parasailing......looked awesome but I know I would barf.

Yellow toes in the warm sand...


And a dino!!!!!!

Oooo, and some green piggies, too :)



We took a bathroom/playground break for about 30 minutes. The lifeguards went off-duty at 5 and the beach pretty much cleared. That was the perfect time to be there.....we went back and played a little longer. The only condition was they could only get in the water up to their ankles since the lifeguards were gone. Mean 'ol Mom.






T-rex Jaron!

I think this was the most fun they had all day. They let the waves roll them around all over the place. Jordan got a bathing suit FULL of sand. We couldn't get it out because it was in the liner!



We are going to head back on Monday for a few hours with Daddy. After living the first 30 years of my life 10 hours from the Gulf of Mexico, I really hope we can take advantage of living 36 miles from the Atlantic Ocean. We love it!!!

1 comments:

Tonya said...

I loved these pictures too. I just love seeing the kids having fun. I was wondering on facebook the other day why it looked like y'all were the only ones on the beach, then some pictures later there were tons of other people. This post cleared up my question. Ha!

Oh and your yellow toes were cute!