Monday, November 8, 2010

Halloween....Phantom Style

We missed the Phantom trick-or-treating last year because Chris was hurt at that time....remember his crazy torn muscle that led to his back going out? Needless to say, the kids and I were so excited to go back to the Majestic and t-or-t this year! They talked about it all week long.....

I had plans to ride the train into the city, catch the subway up to Columbus Circle and hang out in Central Park for about an hour before the t-or-t started. I have yet to see Central Park in the fall, and I wanted so badly to see all of the pretty leaves.

So we get off the NJ train in NYC and walk to the subway. I got us a Metrocard with 4 rides on it, swiped us through the turnstile, walked down the platform and waited........and waited........and waited.......and waited.......and waited, etc. The subway trains are supposed to run every few minutes. We stood there for about 20 and not one single train came by. At that point in time I had answered this question a thousand times: "When are we going to go to Daddy's work?" I also had to answer this question: "Why do we have to go see the leaves in the park?". After standing underground for what seemed like eternity (with two pouty little people) I decided to just "cab" it. I still intended to go to Central Park, but as we drove down 8th avenue, I got nervous. I got nervous we would have trouble getting back to the theater in time, so I had the cabbie drop us in front of the theater.

To make a long story short, we had some time to kill so we walked down the street to the Toys R Us in Times Square.....best decision I could have made at that point!

And here's why......we walked in and this little guy greeted us :)

Jaron was beside himself.

There were all kinds of cool things made out of Legos.....


Buzz, the Empire State Building and Lady Liberty. The kids each had $5 they could spend too, so everyone was happy. Jordan found herself a hamster webkinz and Jaron walked away with (another) Schleich figurine....an ankylosaurus. I know, what in the world is a Schleich ankylosaurus? Sorry, this is just normal vernacular in our home.

So, we made it safely to the theater where we changed in to our costumes. The kids begged me to dress up. This is what I threw together from Jaron's dress-up bin.


And there's my little dinosaur :)

And his pretty little eskimo sister......she wouldn't let me fix her hair. I wanted to put it in two braids, but she wouldn't let me near it.

I think they had as much fun in Daddy's dressing room as they did t-or-t-ing.


PIZZA!!!!!! We brought Daddy some Superman stuff to wear.



I love this picture.....all the Phantom Kids!!!!!!

This is the only picture I got while t-or-t-ing. As some of you know, it's REALLY cramped backstage...so not alot of room for doing much of anything except sucking in your gut.

Jaron was so interested in watching the people on the street below. He kept trying to talk to them. He's a mess, but we had a GREAT time!

0 comments: