The week before that crazed holiday, otherwise known as Halloween, the kids and I headed to Stult's Farm and picked pumpkins.One of my favorite activities in the fall!!!
And, of course, we cleaned them, carved them and roasted their seeds.
Friday we had THREE Halloween parties. First I helped with Jaron's party. This is his beloved dinosaur costume....I found it on sale at the Children's Place. He was so proud of it, and so proud that he was the only one dressed as a dinosaur in his class!
He was VERY into his role as a meat-eating dino.
This was definitely the year of Mario....everyone and their dog was dressed as Super Mario.
Jaron and his adorable first grade class.
I just love this picture....this is Maithili. She sits next to Jaron. She had the most adorable peacock costume!
Me and my little angel!
I stopped by Jordan's class to make sure she got into her costume OK.......
then the parade started. They walked around the garden and around the blacktop....Jaron was growling like a T-rex the entire time. Seriously.
I just had to snap a pic of our sweet friend Emma.
And Gabriel!! Corinna says he is ready to move in with me. He LOVES to come feed the guinea pigs. And they love it when he comes because he brings them each a big piece of lettuce and two big carrots. Gabriel always wants to know if he can come to my house. And he always wants to talk to me on the phone when I call Corinna. In fact, she tells me all the time that when he hears that it's me on the phone he walks to the door and starts putting on his shoes!! How cute is that! No one could ever take the place of my most precious niece and three nephews, but Gabriel and his sister Emily and our other little friend Sarah have helped fill that void. Just the other day, as Gabriel was talking to me on the phone he said "I love you" before he was done. Sniff, sniff!! Just absolutely made my whole week!
Not really sure what Jordan is doing here, but it's the only picture I got of her during the parade. Have you figured out what she is dressed as?
After school the Girl Scouts party began at the church down the street....the same one the kids did VBS at. Jaron and I got to attend too, and I had to explain to him a dozen times that we were not going to VBS, it was just a party at the same place where they did VBS. He was so convinced I was not being truthful!!! Anyway, this is a picture of Jordan's Girl Scouts troop. I like this one the because it is childhood at it's best......random! And yes, that is the Virgin Mary over there behind Dorothy and Toto.
More Halloween Mayhem to follow in a few days.............
(Jordan is an eskimo :)
March 2018
3 months ago
1 comments:
Oh my goodness! Jaron is just adorable. That picture of him bent over showing the side of his costume just made me laugh out loud! He's hysterical. I'm so glad you told us what Jordan was....don't tell her (wouldn't want to hurt her feelings) but I couldn't figure it out. Well, she was the prettiest eskimo I've seen. :)
The story about Gabriel...HOW CUTE!
Post a Comment