Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter....Resurrection Day!

I was looking at the pictures we have taken this month, and I realized I have alot of catching up to do!!

So it begins with Easter:

Jordan enjoying her book from Grandad and Dee Dee.

Jaron enjoying his highly appropriate dinosaur book :)

While Jordan and Jaron were busy reading, guess who stopped by??

The Easter Bunny!!!!

And he brought a load of eggs!!! Fortunately, Nana and Papa were visiting, so they got to be a part of it, too.



Papa directed traffic a little :)


Jaron found an egg in Judy, the chipmunk's, hole!!!!



Let's see what's inside.......

A bunch of candy!!! 'Cause the Easter Bunny had a coupon to Target!!!!!!!

After the kids got in bed that night, the Easter Bunny filled their baskets. He didn't want them to forget why we celebrate Easter, so he left the chick with the "Jesus is Alive!" sign.



This has definitely been the "year of the chick". Since Jaron hatched chicks in his class at school, we have all been really interested in chicks. And they are so darn cute!

And wouldn't you know....the Easter Bunny paid us one more visit. On Easter Monday, he left eggs for us AND our friends. We rushed home right after the bus to see what the Easter Bunny had for us.









Everyone walked away with a full basket.

Or full hands......(notice Gabriel in the front).

From left to right, there is Christopher, Ameera, Jordan, Emily, Mani, Jaron and Gabriel and Sarah in the front.

Dig in!!!!!





Jordan trying to blow up three balloons at once....good grief.

Emily following suit!



OK, so I am sure you noticed that Jordan didn't have on her glasses in those pictures. That is a story for another day. Also, we had to miss church Easter Sunday :( It was shaping up to be a bit of a crazy morning, but we got it all figured out. Nana and Papa had to be at the airport in Philly at 9:30, Chris had to be in the city to sing at Redeemer Church on the Upper West Side at 9:00. The kids and I also wanted to go to Times Square Church at 10:00 and Chris would meet us there. N and P took the white car to the airport, Chris drove the red car into the city, and the kids and I were going to call a cab and have it drop us off at the train station so we could take the train in. Everything was worked out, clothes were clean and laid out. We woke up that morning, all a little tired, a little sad that N and P were leaving,but excited that it was Resurrection Day. All was going according to plan until.........Jaron told me he couldn't move his neck. He was in tears and I didn't know what to do, and everyone had already left. I finally figured out he had a "crick" in his neck. But it was too late. We needed to catch the 8:12 train, and when I looked at the clock, it was way too late to call the cab and make the train. So we had to stay home, but we still celebrated our Risen Savior!!!!


This Sunday we decided we would wear our Easter clothes and we fortunately made it in to church. Right before we got in the car at the parking garage, I snapped these pictures.

I think we have the most beautiful children on the planet, but their Easter get-ups didn't look they way I hoped :/

Here's why...........N and P bought them the cutest things at Gymboree, specifically to wear for Easter. Jaron got a polo shirt, shorts with patches of plaid and puppy dogs, and puppy dog socks. He wore both pair of puppy dog socks and got them dirty....I didn't have a chance to wash them before church :/ Jordan is going through a phase where she doesn't want to have anything to do with dresses or skirts. (I can't say I don't blame her). She put on her dress and hair clips and shoes that N and P bought and decided after 5 minutes that the shoes were uncomfortable and she didn't want to wear them. This is a recurring theme in our home. I knew better than to argue. Then, right before I took these pictures, she decided she wanted to button her cardigan all the way down, therefore hiding her cute little dress.

KIDS!!!!!




They may be boogers, but they are cute boogers!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Alissa said...

Wow! It sounds like y'all had a busy time! They are cute anyway! & getting so big!!

The Sellars/Coffey Family said...

I can't believe how big the kids are getting! Isure love and miss you all:)