Monday, January 4, 2010

"On Christmas Day in the Morning....."

We made Gingerbread men for Santa. The kids decorated them and we all ate one, saved two for Santa and then gave the rest to some of our friends. They were yummy!!!!!





Jordan's finished product.......

And Jaron's........

Then, bright and early Christmas morning, the kids discovered the treasure that Santa left on his visit.

Land of the Lost Creatures Imaginext and Crocodile Playmobil........

Brachiosaurus stocking stuffer


"Chicken Soup with Rice" by Maurice Sendak. Jaron reads this book in his class, practically has it memorized.....so I found it, along with three other books by Maurice Sendak in a "Nutshell Library". It's these four tiny books with a box to keep them in...sooooooo cute!!!! And he was so excited that it was in his stocking ;)



A REAL artist's paint pallet.......

And a REAL easel to paint on.

Jordan's first masterpiece ;)

Daddy had been asking for a Spiderman mask for ages, so since he was on Santa's good list, he got one!!!! Just kidding.........guess who the mask really belongs to?!!?!?!?!?!


It was just the four of us on Christmas day, so we kept things lazy and simple. I made chicken and cornbread dressing and I didn't even cook my own chicken. I got a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Jordan wanted mashed sweet potatoes and rolls, and we had a nice, healthy tossed salad.

I wanted some sort of Christmas-y centerpiece for the table, so I found this real pine tree at Trader Joe's for $5. We are going to plant it in a few weeks-probably out in the woods on some of the reserved land so that it won't be dug up for a new strip mall or something stupid like that!

Aren't these plates cute? I found them at the grocery store on sale. I just loved looking at them, they made me happy!

And the balloons hanging above the table were for Jesus' birthday party!! We made him cupcakes and sang to him. It was a very meager way to express such thanks and gratitude for a priceless gift........the gift of Jesus!!!!

There he is!! He got his mask back!


And Jordan wore her new robe and slippers ALL day.........even on our trip to Shady Brook Farm to see the light show.




Christmas isn't complete without Spongebob and Patrick......yeah right!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't it be nice if we all wished for peace on earth for Christmas? Instead of wanting more clothes or shoes or video game systems, maybe we could find a way to spread peace among the hurting. And by doing so, show what Christmas is all about...a baby being born one night in Bethlehem. A baby that was prophesied about from the beginning of time. A baby that was part Divinity, part human. And ultimately, a baby that became a man who knew all the sufferings of the flesh. He not only knew these sufferings but he comquered them once and for all!!!!! I don't ever want to forget what Christmas means, how deeply personal it is to me. Thank you God, for Your precious Son, JESUS!

1 comments:

Ali said...

The gingerbread man on the right side of the plate (in the first picture after the kids) has a SEVERE case of scoliosis. you probably need to get him fitted for a gingerman brace.

Glad your Christmas was merry otherwise!