Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Nutcracker Suite



Last weekend Jordan performed in the Nutcracker Suite with the West Windsor-Plainsboro Dance Company. She had a great time!! I think she had more fun hanging out in the dressing room with her friends than anything else ;) She is a very musical child....I know you are all surprised......but she was the one who asked if she could do dance again. We didn't push her at all, just encouraged. She really enjoyed it, and is already talking about the next time she does it. This was a watered-down version of the Nutcracker......they still included the most recognizable songs; The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, The Russian Dance, Chinese Tea and so on, but they added some modern numbers too, so Jordan did a tap routine to "Baby it's Cold Outside". Being the purist that I am, I was a little skeptical at first, but she was just so darn cute and had such a good time, that was all that mattered!!!

This isn't the greatest video because I was taking it!!!! She is in the back row at the beginning, right in the middle. She is the tallest brown-headed girl. The lines do switch, thankfully, and she is much easier to see. I hope you enjoy this video as much as we do......I will post some pictures tomorrow. I am tired tonight!!!

1 comments:

Tonya said...

I loved it. I'm so proud of my little cousin. I loved their cute costumes. Wish I could have seen her perform in person.

Great job, Jordan!