Tonight was Pumpkin Night at Dutch Neck School. Mrs McGuinness's (and several other) kindergarten class met at the school cafeteria with their pumpkins to paint and decorate. Jaron was so excited.........
so was Jordy.......
This is Jaron and his teacher, Mrs. McGuinness. She is adorable, I really like her. I think Jaron is very, very happy in her class. It sounds like they have a wonderful time every single day. He said that when he goes to school tomorrow, he is going to tell Mrs. McGuinness he had alot of fun at Pumpkin Night!!!
A few weeks ago we were in the car, and to pass the time, I taught the kids a song I used to sing with my students around Halloween time. It's called "Rattlin Bog". We, of course, discussed what a bog was and they also wanted to know the meaning of rattlin. I gave them the definition I was given, and that was "haunted". So they just loved the fact that I was teaching them a song about something haunted. So the words for the song are:
Hi- ho, the rattlin' bog,
And the bog down in the valley-o,
Hi-ho, the rattlin' bog,
And the bog down in the valley-o.
And in this bog there was a tree,
A rare tree, and a rattlin' tree.
And the tree in the bog, and the bog down in the valley-o.
Hi-ho, the rattlin' bog,
Etc.
And on this tree there was a (you fill in the blank),
A rare (blank), and a rattlin' (blank).
And the (blank) on the tree, and the tree in the bog
And the bog down in the valley-o.......
Needless to say, this song can go on forever. You can improvise as many parts to this rattlin' bog as you want. So Jaron chose a bat, a spider, a witch and a ghost because those were the stickers he used on his pumpkin!
March 2018
3 months ago
1 comments:
Jaron is the cutest thing! I just love his little personality.
I'm glad ya'll got to enjoy that night as a family. So sweet!
Post a Comment