Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer Lovin'



Well, it's not quite like summer here yet, but we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of it! We check daily to see if the pool is open, and cross our fingers that it will be warm enough to swim when it is finally open. In the meantime, here are a few things we have been doing to enjoy our days and fill the time until school is out and laziness is officially ushered in!!

Jaron and I go to our library at least once a week. Most of the time it is for story time and to return and pick new books. Last week they had an Animal Friends show for pre-schoolers.
Of course, he loved it!

Chinchilla
Albino African pygmy hedgehog

Skunk....eeeewwww!

Ferret :)

Wallaby (small kangaroo)

Jaron got to pet the chinchilla on his way out.


Chris has been home with an aggravated herniated disk in his back. It was doing so well, not bothering him. But he has been super busy lately, riding different forms of mass transit (train, subway, airplane) and with some of the things he has to do in the show, it got irritated. Please pray for him!! It is getting better from all the rest he has been giving it, but he is ready to get back to the show, and his friends miss him alot!!!! Not to mention, they need him to perform! Anyway, he needed to get out of the apartment the other day for a while so we drove to the township next to ours and went to the wildlife preserve (The Plainsboro Preserve). It was very cool!

Jordan and Jaron petting our little froggy friend :)



This particular trail we took ended on a peninsula out on Lake McCormick. Absolutely beautiful!!




And we cannot keep ourselves away from Terhune Orchards, our favorite farm over in Princeton. Jaron got to go hear a few stories and pick strawberries yesterday. It has been a GREAT way to get him to try a new fruit!!!! And I owe Terhune for getting him hooked on apples...he loves them now because kids get a free apple out at the orchards.


Sweet boy!! I am going to seriously miss our outings next year. Ugh!!! I am not going to think about it right now!

As always, please continue to keep Candace and Wes and the kids in your prayers. They are doing pretty good, God blessed them with an incredible miracle, but they still need all of us to bind together in the name of Jesus. Prayer changes things, God will provide and take care of them, miracles happen!!!!!! Sometimes it seems like the struggles of life just won't stop, we all experience that, but with our faith in God and the power of the Holy Spirit we will overcome, we have overcome. Thank you for being so faithful to pray for Wes and Candace and Chris. I know there are many, many of you out there that pray for us constantly and I thank you. Please know that we do the same for you. We love you all!!!!!!

1 comments:

Tonya said...

All of your adventures look like SO much fun. Ya'll do an awesome job of finding new places to go. I wonder if there are places around here that I've been missing. Maybe Logan and I need to do a little searching. :)

And yes, many prayers are being sent your way....and for Chris....and for Wes & Candace.

Love you!