Waiting for the train to New York City..........I know, I know...Jordan looks mad. She WAS mad at me for who-knows-what. Jaden wanted to be in the picture but didn't want to stand next to anyone, and Jaron had to show off his new transformer, so that's why you can't see his face. WOW! High maintenance!!!!!!!
This is outside of Penn Station in NYC, the train station Chris goes in and out of everyday. It's right next to Madison Square Garden. This was mom's very first time in New York City!
First ride on the subway!
Thankfully it wasn't crowded.
NYC hot dog.......had to have one :)
Chris took Jaden and mom on a tour backstage at the Majestic. Down in wardrobe, Annette dressed up the kids. Jaden is wearing the Phantom mask and coat, Jordan is Carlotta, the diva (very appropriate) and Jaron is also wearing a Phantom mask and his hat. I love it!!!!
On stage the chandelier was already covered up for the beginning of the show, but we got a little shot of it. Mom didn't realize the importance of the chandelier until she watched the show......she couldn't figure out why we were making her stand infront of it for a picture!
Mom and Jaden stayed to see Phantom while Chris, the kids and I went to see Wicked. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!! I have wanted to see Wicked for a long, long time, and it was so worth the wait. The kids and I have been hooked on the soundtrack for quite a while, so much that we practically knew the words to all the songs. Wicked is on my list of most favorite Broadway musicals ever...Phantom, Wicked and Les Miserables. It was a magical night, truly magical!This is the big dragon above the stage at Wicked. It was Jaron's favorite part :)
It is very true that once you have seen one Broadway musical you are hooked. It is one of the most exciting places to be; words just can't describe the Broadway experience. I am so thankful that we get to be a part of it, that our kids get to experience it, and that Jaden and mom got to as well! We are so proud!! We had a great, great night. Can't wait to do it again with other visitors :)
March 2018
4 months ago
2 comments:
I'm so glad your mom had a great time in NYC. Looks like you and Chris did an awesome job showing her around.
I'm determined to come visit you guys. Just don't know when. :)
I am so jealous! I want to see Wicked!
How is Chris's back?
Post a Comment