Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Yellow Rose of Texas

I know this is really dorky, and is definitely a product of my 6 year profession, but I try to sing as many Texas songs around the kids as possible. My two favorites are "Deep in the Heart of Texas" and "The Yellow Rose of Texas", hence the titles of my last two posts. I need to learn to play them on the piano, too :) Jordan and Jaron are starting to pick up on some of them, thank you very much!!! You know, Texas pride is innate in us all! So, here are some sweet videos from our visit to Texas. I have already watched them over and over, and I am sure I will continue to watch them. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!




Jaden, Claire, Jordan and Jaron playing in Claire's big girl bedroom



Jordan and Jaden's secret handshake that they made up while we were at Beijing House



Grandad and Jordan riding on the lawn mower :)

1 comments:

Tonya said...

Ok, first of all I totally expected one of these videos to be of y'all singing The Yellow Rose of TX...so work on that because I was disappointed. LOL

Second, I really liked Jordan's striped top in the top video. Be sure to tell her cousin Tonya said so...if she even remembers me. :)

Third, I thought it was funny on the secret handshake one where she asked you to not show the whole world...and there you go and put it on your blog. LOL....and didn't I hear her say "only Texans" could know the secret handshake. So funny!

Loved the videos!