I realize I have failed to post faithfully. I realize that many of you use this blog to keep up with our lives half-way across the country. I am so sorry I haven't posted recently!! We have done plenty of things to post about BUT, I got a new phone with an awesome camera and until I can figure out how to put those amazingly wonderful pictures on the blog, I can only write! So, here's a quick update:
*Chris is great, still in Sister Act. Raven-Symone (little Olivia from the Cosby Show) is now the lead and we got to see her perform a few weeks ago. We actually got free tickets too! First time in 5 years. Only bad thing was it was a Wednesday night, the kids and I were POOPED and we (me and Chris) watched a wasted guy throw up on a dude on the train ride home. Oh, and then the conductors let him get in his car and drive home. Yeah. Welcome to New Jersey, where idiots abound.
*Jaron spent several weeks obsessed with "the frog pond". It's really a drainage hole behind our complex, but there are several green frogs that live there. They are all about the size of my hand or bigger, they come out of the hole to sun all the time and he has caught them in his butterfly net repeatedly. Very cute! Now the bugs are way too bad to go hang out over there, but we will catch up with them later :)
*Chris has given me several very sweet, thoughtful gifts in the last several months. He bought me an iPhone because I became obsessed about wanting to take good pictures with some of the cool apps available. He also bought me a tablet, so we are now overflowing with portable electronics. And he bought me a bottle of real perfume. He and I went to TJMaxx and bought a $20 bottle of Tommy Bahama for women, but I discovered pretty quickly that I was allergic to it. Grrrrrr. So he went to Macy's one day before he left for 2 shows, bought me a bottle of Clinique Happy, and put it in my car at the school I was at in Princeton. Needless to say, when I got in my car to go get lunch and saw the sweet card and gift, I cried. He is so good to me.
*Jordan went camping again with the Girl Scouts. Jaron and I spent the day at the camp site with them....I am starting to love that place! We had so much fun. We had an archery lesson, they rode the zipline, Jaron and I got to paddle boat and we saw a turtle and lots of little, silver fish. And as we were taking a quick nature walk with some of the girls, we watched a snake swimming in the water for about 10 minutes. It was so fun!!! (P.S. Jordan totally rocks at archery. Out of the 12 or so arrows she shot, she only missed the target 1 time. And several times she hit the line right before the bullseye! That's my girl!!)
*I went on a field trip with a group of 3rd graders in Princeton. We went to the Princeton Battlefield and visited the Clark House and Quaker Meeting House that is there as well. It was so cool. I am very thankful that we had family that fought in the Revolutionary War. I find the colonial time period so interesting.
*Jaron's assistant Cub Scout leader passed away a few weeks ago, very suddenly. It was very, very sad and scouting hasn't been the same since. Jaron was able to march in the Memorial Day parade though. I am glad he got to do that. Those of you who know Jaron best will not be surprised to know that he complained the entire time!!!
*And we are experiencing our first heat wave of the summer this week. It is awful. I can't stand the humidity. I have had a headache for 3 days because of it.
There you have it, a brief synopsis of our lives since the last time I blogged. The end of the year is always crazy, ridiculous busy. I will do my best to figure out how to post my iPhone pics.....hope you are all having a good summer so far!! We love you all!!!!!
March 2018
3 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment